Job Title: Senior Backend Software Engineer – Numida Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Numida Uganda
Job Location: Kampala
Numida Uganda Profile:
Numida is an innovative fintech company providing convenient financing to help small and growing African businesses succeed. We’re based in Kampala, with a product and engineering team distributed between Uganda, Canada and the US. We recently closed a $2.3M seed round and are growing our team to accelerate our 10-15% month-over-month growth.
Traditionally overlooked and underserved micro and small businesses (MSBs) in emerging markets deserve to have great tech built to serve their needs. Numida is the first and largest mobile platform in East Africa focused on offering convenient, accessible, and appropriate financial services specifically to MSBs. With the wealth of data collected through our platform, we are well-positioned to connect business owners to the financial and non-financial services they need in order to grow their business, whether it be credit, savings, insurance, payments, logistics, customer acquisition, or financial & HR management. Due to our deep knowledge of our customers, Numida is becoming renowned for building technology that MSBs love. Within 10 years, we anticipate enabling at least 1 million small business owners on the continent to achieve their dreams.
We are looking for a Full-Stack Software Engineer to accelerate new product development. Success in this role requires effective communication with the product team to ensure specifications are clear followed by strong execution to ship end-to-end features – whether that is testing out MVPs of new products or delivering new features to our existing users. As a Full-Stack Software Engineer at Numida you enjoy the responsibility and the satisfaction of building products that matter to our clients from start to finish. If you love to build and ship product, this role is for you.
Roles and Responsibilities:
● Ship code that matters. We are product-driven and we have a best-in-class product development process. Features that get built at Numida have real impact for our clients because they’ve been extensively field tested and validated before we write a single line of code.
● Build on a modern tech stack. We run the latest React Native release, Typescript, graphql and build and release through continuous integration.
● Have impact. We’re a small team so you’ll have responsibility and ownership over our engineering culture and the products we ship to our clients.
What You Would Work On:
● Closely collaborate with the product team to refine product specifications and develop engineering specifications to deliver value to our clients.
● Build and ship new features. This might be as small as an improvement to our loan application flow in our app to improve conversion or as large as an MVP for an entirely new credit product.
● Evaluate new technology choices as we build out additional products to ensure we continue to move fast and deliver value to our clients.
Minimum Qualifications for Numida Uganda Jobs 2021:
Your Skills and Qualifications:
● Familiarity with Django or another MVC-style web framework.
● Track record of shipping end-to-end features from product specifications into production.
●Familiarity with React Native and Android development is a plus
● An interest in UI/UX and some design sense is a plus
Your Compensation and Reward:
This is a full-time, high-growth role in an early-stage East African technology start-up. We are an unconventional business solving an extremely difficult problem. You will receive a competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience and have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and diverse team based in Kampala, alongside Numida staff in San Francisco, Toronto, and Vancouver. Employee share options are also part of the compensation for this position, giving you an ownership stake in Numida’s overall success.
How To Apply for Numida Uganda Jobs 2021
Deadline: 25th June 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.