Job Title: Credit Relationship Officer – Numida Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Numida Uganda
Job Location: Kampala
Numida Uganda Profile:
Numida is a fast-growing Ugandan fintech company that is building the digital products and services that African small businesses need to thrive. We believe that small businesses are the cornerstone of the African economy but they are operating far below their potential. Our mission is to enable African entrepreneurs to turn their subsistence businesses into growth businesses.
Our flagship product is a mobile app that enables Ugandan entrepreneurs to access convenient and unsecured business loans that are disbursed via mobile money in as little as 24 hours. To date we have served more than 4,500 small businesses in Uganda, and we are building for scale.
We are looking for a self-driven, results-oriented credit relationship oﬃcer to work with our Credit team. The role is a mix between the role of a credit oﬃcer and that of a customer care representative. S/he will conduct due diligence on potential borrowers, analyze creditworthiness and ability to repay, and effectively manage her/his portfolio while ensuring compliance with Numida’s methodology and policies. This role is reserved for someone who has prior experience as a credit oﬃcer, who has experience in speaking and engaging with clients over the phone, and who will be capable of providing technical support to small business ownersand users of the Numida app in person, on the phone, or via online chat.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Engaging with loan applicants via phone to conduct due diligence interviews on all new loan applications and repeat loan applications requiring manual review
- Performing ﬁnancial analyses on loan applicants and interacting with loan applicants as necessary to better understand and validate their business activities and ﬁnancial situation
- Making adequately supported recommendations to the Credit Committee for every loan application
- Collecting loan repayments as they fall due, and following Numida’s escalation process for delinquent borrowers
- Executing referral calls in order to generate new business
- Collaborating with the Product team and participating in various experiments that aim to improve the quality of Numida’s service and/or the eﬃciency of the CRO role
- Address inbound service inquiries (via phone and WhatsApp)and assist all Numida clients until full resolution of the issues, escalating to the correct department when necessary
- Conduct periodic ﬁeld visits for monitoring and escalation of collections
- Ensure that the level of service provided to our customers is maintained to the standards set forth by the company
- Resolve complaints in an effective, timely manner whilst maintaining the highest standards of professionalism
- Recording complete, quality and honest information into our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to enable Numidato address customer issues effectively
- Be responsible for maintaining up to date knowledge of Numida’s product offering to ensure any information offered to clients is accurate and helpful
Who You Are
- A believer that small business growth in Uganda will drive community development and wide-scale poverty reduction
- A highly productive, results-oriented, self-driven individual committed to excellence
- A balanced planner and doer who can manage a heavy workload effectively
- A fast learner who is entrepreneurial in spirit and can balance both growth and risk management priorities
- A team player with the humility to ask for help when needed and to accept feedback to rapidly iterate on your work
- Our team is currently 38% women, and we are committed to achieving gender parity, so applications from women are strongly encouraged
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant should have at least 1+ years of experience in a credit oﬃcer or related role
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Microﬁnance, Business Administration ,Commerce, or related ﬁeld from an accredited University
- Proﬁcient in computer and mobile technology – you are experienced with Android apps and desktop productivity software like Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs etc.
- Verbal and written ﬂuency in both English and Luganda.
- Fluency in other Ugandan languages is an asset.
- Ability to provide customer care via chat using professional, concise, and slang-free English
- Knowledge about and practical experience with the principles of great customer care, and superb phone etiquette
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high levels of empathy – you are patient enough to truly listen to and understand the needs and wants of Numida’s users, and can address their complaints with compassion
- Type 30+ words per minute (desired)
Your Compensation And Reward
This is a full-time, high-growth role in an early stage East African technology start-up. We are an unconventional business, and our work place is inspiring with a lot of opportunity for personal growth and fun. You will receive a competitive salary and have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and diverse team based in Kampala, San Francisco, and Vancouver
How To Apply for Numida Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualified candidates please submit your CV/resume and a short cover letter sharing more about yourself, your experience and why you are inspired to work with Numida to [email protected] with subject line: Credit Relationship Oﬃcer
Deadline: 20th May 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.