Job Title: 2 Information Security Specialists – NSSF Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: National Social Security Fund (NSSF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Information Security Manager
National Social Security Fund (NSSF) Profile
National Social Security Fund (NSSF) is positioning itself as the Social Security Provider of Choice in Uganda. With our shared purpose of being the Social Security Provider of choice, providing exceptional customer service and better operations with a well-motivated and skilled workforce, we are looking to recruit persons with high integrity and dedication to work with us.
The Information Security Specialist will be responsible for monitoring and assessing the Fund’s information assets to identify potential threats and risks, and recommend appropriate measures to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of data/information therein, to authorized users.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implement information security and privacy policies, standards and procedures to protect the Fund from internal and external threats
- Review and assess information security risks within new and existing systems, processes, policies and procedures and recommend relevant controls.
- Conduct continuous vulnerability assessments and regular penetration tests on the Fund’s systems.
- Create a culture of security awareness by undertaking sensitization/training of staff on information security and privacy risks and control.
- Work with all key process and system owners to ensure security and data privacy controls are considered at the outset of new projects, products and initiatives.
- Administer information security monitoring systems for incident detection, response, risk mitigation and threat management.
- Implement identity management and access control strategies, policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines.
- Create, revoke and manage identities/access for personnel, service accounts, applications, devices etc.
- Control and monitor access to the Fund’s information assets to identify unauthorized access and potentially malicious activities.
- Conduct regular user access reviews in collaboration with system, process and data owners. Conduct regular audit log reviews and report any unusual or suspicious activities.
- Work with system and process owners to develop, implement and maintain access control lists and matrices.
- Configure, implement, and manage identity management and access control technologies and tools.
- Establish, administer, and monitor privileged user accounts in accordance with a role-based access scheme.
- Support the Data Protection Officer in conducting data privacy impact assessments.
- Ensure that the IT infrastructure and systems are configured with appropriate technical controls to safeguard them against malicious attacks.
- Monitor compliance with information security policies, guidelines and standards and applicable laws and regulations.
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- Professional qualifications CEH, CISA or related certifications
- At least three years of experience in conducting IT risk or information security responsibilities in a substantial organization
- Experience in administering information security tools, identity management and access control systems is an added advantage.
- Conducting vulnerability assessments and penetration testing
- Strong understanding of information security risk, controls and principles
- Sound knowledge of information security technologies e.g., WAF, NAC, SIEM, DLP, IAM, EDR
- Understanding of Cloud technologies and the associated risks
- Knowledge of networking protocols
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to explain complex security issues to non-technical stakeholders
- Positive attitude toward learning and development
- Ability to work with critical deadlines and prioritize workload effectively.
- Knowledge of the Data Protection and Privacy Act and applicable regulations, National Information Security Framework, ISO 27001, NIST standards etc.
How To Apply for NSSF Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested individuals should Click Here to fill out the application form and then send copies of their application letter, curriculum vitae and academic qualifications, addressed to the Chief of People and Culture to [email protected]
NB: Women are encouraged to apply. Please note that canvassing or lobbying will lead to the automatic disqualification of the candidate.
Deadline: 29th July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.