Job Title: Finance Technical Assistant – NRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Duty Station: NRC operates in West Nile (Arua, Yumbe & Adjumani), South West (Isingiro & Kyangwali) as well as Kampala. Successful candidates will be deployed in any NRC Uganda office
Reports to: Finance Coordinator or Field Coordinator
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Profile
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Comply and ensure accurate maintenance of all NRC financial and accounting files and transactions
- with Financial Handbook and other NRC policies
- Verify that all vouchers and supporting documents are according to standards set in the Financial Handbook, and enter them into the accounting system
- Make approved payments
- Record all cash movements
- Follow up on advances and refunds
- Prepare and arrange for bank withdrawals and transfers and present for verification
- Maintain the filling system for all financial and accounting documents
- Prepare periodic financial reports and submit for review
- Ensure each entry is made using valid supporting document (Purchase request, Good receive note, valid invoice)
- Ensure the respect of the financial calendar in terms of deadline (for closing accounts, checking data, payment)
- Make monthly accounting checking for Responsible cash boxes, Bank reconciliations and bank statements, if applicable
- Maintain and monitor accrued expenditure accounts, advance accounts, payable and receivables, deposits and prepayments, ensuring timely recovery of advances and prepayments in area office
- Make weekly cash counts and monthly cash count for cash box together with supervisor.
- Follow cash advances and their purposes and ensure value for money when verifying accountabilities with the Finance Coordinator.
- Make all payments including field payments after approval by the Project respective Authorities
- Compile and verify the accuracy of necessary documents by the Finance Coordinator.
- Maintain open communication with program staff and others for all financial clarifications.
- Ensure timely scanning of all vouchers, proof of payments and TCP before month Closure.
- Ensure proper management of accounting documents and records.
- Support the Finance Coordinator prepare monthly financial reports for submission to the Finance Manager.
- Coordinate financial matters with third parties like banks, vendors and tax authorities.
- Make sure all financial documents for Field offices are archived in the Country Office store
Minimum Qualifications for NRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience from working with accounting in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge of English both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- CPA or ACCA qualification
- At least 3 years’ experience in an INGO environment an added advantage
- Excellent computer skills with hands on experience on computerized accounting systems;
and Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strict attention to policy and practice detail.
- Very strong financial analysis skills and Good knowledge on financial reporting
- High integrity
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to function independently and as a work team leader/facilitator
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners/employees and to check that its partners/employees have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose
Interested candidates MUST be willing to be posted in any NRC office across Uganda.
How To Apply for NRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 28th January 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.