Job Title: Finance Team Leader – NRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Profile
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Roles and Responsibilities:
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
- Implement NRC’s financial systems, routines, and procedures at area level
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis for the field office
- Ensure proper filing of supporting documents
- Management of field office finance team including Officers and Assistants
- Support area office project staff in financial matters
- Maintain budget control and monitor cash flow for the field office
- Ensure that the accounting, monitoring and reporting are according to procedure
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Assist the Field Coordinator in preparing cash forecasts and monitoring cash flows and expenditures
- Prepare and submit periodic financial reports as appropriate for review and consolidation by the Finance coordinator.
- Assign duties, supervise, train and appraise the Finance Officer and Finance Assistant.
- Play essential role in procurement processes and ensure compliance as member of bid committee in the field;.
- Responsible for the quality posting of costs into Agresso and meeting global deadlines for the field Office.
- Verifies payments/cheques/cash payments in order to ensure that complete supporting documentation is available
- Contribute in the design, development and implementation of the financial management policies, procedures and practices
- Support the Finance Coordinator AO and CO in audit preparations and close-out.
- Ensure that all payments are processed on time and have good overview of the locations of the signatories at any given time
- Assist the Field Coordinator in maintaining overall budget control; Provide up-to-date analysis and regular reports of the field office financial status and share detailed Budget vs. Actual reports for the entire field offices with the Area Manager upon request and at least once a month. Ensure documented BvA meetings with action plans and follow-ups as delegated by the Field Coordinator.
- Work with the Finance Coordinator and ensure accurate, reliable master support budget is in place and updated
- Work with Finance Coordinator, budget holders and various support staff to prepare quality budget proposals.
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the line and/or technical supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications for NRC Uganda Jobs 2022
- Minimum of University Degree in a related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in similar position preferably with an NGO
- Good knowledge of accounting packages; preferably Agresso
- Good skills in Excel and Word
- Documented knowledge/experience to initiate/develop policies/revision of finance SOPs
- Member of relevant professional accounting body is an added advantage
- Experience from working in a Finance senior position/managing finance team preferably in a humanitarian/recovery context.
How To Apply for NRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 28th January 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.