Job Title: Driver – NRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Duty Station: Hoima, Uganda
Reports to: Field Coordinator
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Profile
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Transport NRC staff, visitors, documents and goods/materials to designated destinations when officially approved
- Ensure the safety and security of the passengers, the goods and the vehicle.
- Immediately report accidents, breakdowns and needs of repair and general maintenance /service
- Respect the local traffic regulations and the NRC logistical/vehicle policies at all times
- Maintain the logbook for all trips
- Maintain the vehicle in proper operating condition at all times, including keeping the vehicle clean, ensuring enough fuel, checking the technical state etc
- In liaison with the line manager, arrange for repairs and servicing
- Ensure the assigned vehicle has all the necessary documents and equipment
- Provide logistical support during trainings and workshops
- The Driver shall strictly follow the traffic rules and speed limits applicable, and shall always drive in a safe, considerate and defensive manner. In case of an accident the driver shall ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are followed, including filling in the accident report form.
- The Driver is responsible for cleaning and daily maintenance of the vehicle and shall ensure that it is in a safe running condition. He/she is also responsible for checking of oil level, water level, battery, brakes, tires, etc., and that the vehicle is at all times equipped with a first aid kit, a good spare tire and all prescribed tools and equipment. He/she will report promptly and in writing to NRC is some tools are missing.
- The driver is responsible for filling the logbook for all trips and to ensure that other drivers that may use the vehicle to do the same.
- The Driver shall ensure that all required licenses, insurance cards and vehicle permits are valid and available in the vehicle including accident reports. He/she must also ensure that own driving licence and other relevant driving papers are up to date.
- The Driver shall follow the instructions given in the Checklist from the NRC Drivers’ Manual.
- The Driver is responsible for performing minor repairs. If major repairs are needed these should be reported to the supervisor before making arrangements.
- The Driver shall provide logistical support to NRC Teams during field missions, trainings and workshops.
- The Driver shall assist the Logistics Assistants and store clerks during packing goods for the NRC stores.
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience from working as a Driver in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good knowledge of English Language
- The ideal applicant must hold O Level Certificate. A level and above will be added advantage
- Driving permit class of either CM, CH, DL, DM or DH
- A minimum of four years’ experience in driving, with clean driving record preferably in humanitarian context.
- Hold a certificate in automobile mechanics is an added advantage.
- A certificate in Defensive driving from an established driving school/firm is an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in insecure .environments is critical.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Excellent time management and planning capacity.
- Available and willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
How To Apply for NRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 12th July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.