Job Title: 2 Education Officers – NRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Education Coordinator
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Profile
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines
- Implement delegated CC project portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Supervise and inspect teachers and Head teachers regularly with specific focus on quality and professionalism
- Identify training needs of teachers and suggest for relevant trainings to meet the needs.
- Organize and conduct regular meetings with school/center management committees in view of improving the AEP activities
- Organize and conduct refresher trainings for school/ Centre Management Committees if necessary.
- Compile and submit monthly Education, protection and assistance activity reports.
- Liaise and coordinate with relevant authorities and communities at field level.
- Identify and register learners for the education programme.
- Update the learners’ and teachers’ data base.
- Identify and coordinate school/centre logistical needs.
- Liaise with the School Management Committee (SMC) during follow up of learners and in mobilizing local resources to facilitate teaching.
- Conduct community sensitization meetings on education programme.
- Guide, supervise and appraise project Assistants under the programme.
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor in Education
- Registered with Ministry of Education and Sports and in possession of Registration Certificate
- Teaching experience of five years and above.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Desired professional competencies, knowledge, and behavioral skills.
- Experience from working with education projects in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Some knowledge of English
- Knowledge of the local context and education systems in Uganda
- Knowledge of the school/ MoES catch-up approaches to lost learning due to covid- 19 school closure.
- Ability to work harmoniously with other staff, stakeholders, refugees, and host communities.
How To Apply for NRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 16th June 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.