Job Title: ICT Technical Assistant – NRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Duty Station: Arua, Uganda
Reports to: Logistics Coordinator
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Profile
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
The ICT Assistant is responsible for providing technical ICT support to the Area office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical advisory services in relation to new or appropriate office technology options that are relevant to NRC offices in respect to ICT
- Plan for technology upgrades, expansion and replacements by overseeing their systematic needs assessment, specification and budgeting.
- Ensure that computer network and other office technology access privileges, applications and data storage requirement and regular backups and configured and maintained.
- Provide ICT technical support to NRC field offices to ensure respective office technology optimum performance.
- Schedule regular computer and other technology related services maintenance and license renewals
- Update a harmonized data and other office technology disaster recovery plans and implement where appropriate.
- Define, deploy and maintain system security for shared services.
- Ensure installation and maintenance of protection services (Antivirus, firewalls) for the entire office setup.
- Monitor LAN and subsequent WAN bandwidth usage and advice management on LAN/WAN improvement.
- Create and maintain ICT configuration database for both hardware and software and ensure the file copy is regularly updated.
- Organize for regular quarterly preventive service and maintenance schedules for ICT Hardware and ensure all service and maintenance reports are properly filed and shared with management.
- Provide ICT technical support to all NRC Vocational Skills Training Centers (VSTs) with a special focus on providing required support and back up to ICTs instructors in the VSTs.
- Any other duties as may be allocated by supervisor.
- Conduct technical evaluation
- Technical Support on IT related issues such as Hardware, software, LAN/WLAN
- Handle and follow ISP related issue with the service provider
- Implement the IT policy
- Ensure system security
- All Area Office staff
- Vendors/Service providers
- Vocational Skills Centers staff in the respective location- Bidibidi, Rhino, Nyumanzi and Ayilo
Minimum Qualifications for NRC Uganda Jobs 2021
1. Professional competencies
Generic professional competencies:
- Good grasp of intranet systems.
- Have good spoken and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Have problem solving skills to deal with disputes, grievances and staffing problems
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Analysing skills
- Handling insecure environments
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field.
- At least 3 years of work experience
- INGO Experience required
- Hands on Experience and knowledge in Hardware, LAN/WLAN,
- Prior ICT experience in a setup with environmental and geographical constraints.
- Experience from working as an ICT Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Certification on Microsoft Server/Cisco product is a plus
2. Behavioral competencies
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
3. Performance Management
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The Work and Development Plan
- The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
- The End-term Performance Review Template
- The NRC Competency Framework
How To Apply for NRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 27th December 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.