Job Title: Fresher Grants Officer – NRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: M&E Officer
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Profile
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
The Grants Officer serves either as a lead team member in developing and writing grant proposals in order to obtain funding for activities, and/or be responsible for compliance with and dissemination of sponsored agency funds.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare grants’ opening, review and closing meeting agendas, documents and circulate minutes and follow-up on action points.
- Support program staff in conceptualizing and facilitating implementation of project tools developed, including work, spending and procurement plans, and ensure tools are updated on a quarterly basis.
- Participate in Go No Go meetings and be responsible to fill the forms and follow the action points based on the comments from the meeting.
- Update all projects and keep them up to date on Cycles
- Participate in grants meetings as a Rapporteur
- Ensure quality information management through regular maintenance of hard and soft copy grant files, and grant tracking tools in Uganda filling tree and office cabinet.
- Travel to field sites as needed to support with program monitoring / grants management.
- Under the guidance of the grants manager take part in the day-to-day aspects of donor reporting processes to ensure the timely submission of high quality programmatic reports and coordinate with the Finance Department to ensure timely submission of quality financial reports.
- As delegated by the grants manager compile, provide feedback on, and finalize draft donor reports, editing for format, grammar, and content. This includes providing constructive feedback on content and form of documents drafted.
- Support in the development, management and reporting of sub-grants with NRC’s consortia and local partners.
- Assist Grants Manager in tracking and monitoring of sub-grantees and provide training where required.
- Assist in the review of new sub-grant proposals, budgets and agreements when needed.
- Support in the pre-award Assessment and due diligence processes before the grant is made to sub-grantee. Proposal Development
- Under the supervision of Grants Manager, support in the development and coordination of high quality proposals for submission to donors including technical applications, budgets, budget narratives, work plans and organograms.
- Coordinate with staff from other NRC Uganda departments (technical sectors, finance, field staff) to compile relevant information and documents to support proposal development.
- Assist with strengthening the capacity of field staff by supporting trainings and providing follow up support in report writing, sub-grants procedures, and other topics as needed.
- Provide input to Grants Manager in identifying training needs in the area of Grant management for non-finance staff.
- Lead refresher training programs for Field and Program Coordinators, Program Managers to ensure staff are aware of their roles and responsibilities in the area of budgeting and grant management and are updated with new procedures, ambitions, initiatives, etc.
- The ideal candidate for the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Grants Officer job should have experience from working as a Grants Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own skills/profile
- Good knowledge of English
- Knowledge of grants management
- Knowledge of humanitarian partnership arrangements
- Knowledge of Project Cycle Management (PCM)
How To Apply for NRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Click here to apply
Deadline: 18th May 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.