Job Title: 15 Coffee Sourcing Officers
Starting Salary & Perks : Confidential
Job Location : Greater Masaka, Kamuli, Buikwe, Mukono, Kasese, Rubirizi, Rukungiri
Contract Type/Duration : 1 year contract renewable upon proven performance
Reports to : Regional Coordinator
Department : Procurement
No Experience Uganda Jobs: Achieve sourcing & quality targets with the ability to organize a workload of different tasks & responsibilities. Identify, organize opportunities to source coffee.
The company is a coffee trading company with a strong focus on working directly with farmers and farming communities, often in complex rural and socio-economic environments.
A cornerstone of the company’s strategy is to engage farming households through the provision of rural based services and trade via Farmer Hubs. This includes, but is not limited to, training of farmers on good agricultural practices, certification, and the provision of inputs and financial services.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities- Off-season
- Mobilize farmers (prospection, identification, & registration of coffee growers)
- Train farmers on agricultural best practices & sustainability standards
- Plan harvest season (reparation of sourcing area, identification & implementation of collecting sites, plan volumes with local suppliers)
- Gather internal and external information relevant to the organisation
- Accomplish any other task given by the regional coordinator
- Manage all activities of the Coffee Sourcing Centre
- Provide accurate & on time reporting to the management
- Coordinate sourcing sites & local suppliers
- Manage the performance of all staff in the CSC
- Motivate employees, solve conflicts, and preserve customer relationship
- Accomplish any other task given by the supervisor
Qualifications & Education
Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Rural development or its equivalent.
No prior work experience required but a demonstrated motivation to lead a successful career within the coffee industry
- Excellent planning & management skills with the ability to prioritize & respond to tight deadlines
- Excellent analytical and synthesis skills, at ease with numbers
- Excellent leadership skills, able to encourage & motivate a team
- Hard worker – Able to work under pressure
- Integrity – honest and has high level of ethics
- Dependability – reliable, responsible, & dependable
- Team work – pleasant with others, displays a good natured cooperative attitude
- Confidentiality – deal with sensitive & confidential matters
- Supplier orientated – focus on discovering and meeting supplier needs
- Cultural awareness – Ability to build relationships quickly & with a wide variety of people
Proficient in both Microsoft Excel and Word
Proficient in English, Luganda; any local language is a plus
- Willingness to work in the countryside
- Motorcycle driving license
People who have experience working in this industry are encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Deadline for submission of applications is Friday, 01st February, 2019.