Job Title: Temporary Driver – NITA Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: National Information Technology Authority
Duty Station: Uganda
Directorate: Finance and Administration
Reports to: Administration Officer
Salary Grade: N7
National Information Technology Authority Profile:
The National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U) is an autonomous statutory body established under the NITA-U Act 2009, to coordinate and regulate Information Technology services in Uganda. NITA-U is under the general supervision of the Ministry of ICT and National Guidance.
To drive organisational motor vehicles and carry out basic vehicle checks to enable people move from one place to another to carry out official business of the Authority
Roles and responsibilities:
- Drive organization vehicles to enable people move from one place to another to meet the organization objectives.
- Keep organization vehicles mechanically sound in line with Uganda traffic laws.
- Transport and deliver organizational mails and messages according to NITA-U office practice.
- Renew organization vehicle licenses in line with vehicle policy and traffic laws;
- Capture data on individual vehicles for repairs and service;
- Verify all repairs and service done by the respective garages;
- Verify requisition form for vehicle maintenance;
- Ensure compliance of regulations of vehicle maintenance;
- Capture data on monthly fuel consumption for individual vehicles (routine);
- Provide update on status of insurance and car tracking facilities;
- Assist in scheduling vehicles for weekly/monthly washing;
- Report all motor vehicles incidents in line with the Authority’s guidelines;
- Perform any other duties that may b e assigned form time to time
- A minimum of a Uganda Ordinary Certificate of Education or its equivalent;
- At least 3 driving classes plus valid driving license;
- A certificate in Defensive Driving or basic mechanical engineering qualification is an added advantage
- Ability to ride motor cycle with a valid riding licence is an added advantage
- At least three years of driving experience with a reputable public or private commercial or donor funded organization
- Ability to drive organisational vehicle with confidence
- Ability to carry out simple mechanical checks on the motor vehicle
- Ability to detect motor vehicle mechanical defects
- Creativity in planning how to accomplish assigned tasks. e.g defining routes for field activities,
How To Apply for NITA Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 13th June 2022 by 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.