Job Title: Management Trainee (Risk Analyst) – NITA Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: National Information Technology Authority
Duty Station: Uganda
Directorate: Information Security
Department: Governance and Risk
Reports to: Manager, Governance and Risk
Salary Grade: N7
National Information Technology Authority Profile:
The National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U) is an autonomous statutory body established under the NITA-U Act 2009, to coordinate and regulate Information Technology services in Uganda. NITA-U is under the general supervision of the Ministry of ICT and National Guidance.
This role is responsible for performing risk assessments to enable organisations to improve their information security practices and posture.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Perform information security risk assessments to ensure appropriate information security and business controls exist in organizations including describing and estimating the risks
- Evaluate organizations criteria for previous handling of risks
- Provide technical support for organizational risk reporting in an appropriate manner across strategic, tactical and operational levels
- Providing support, education and training to staff to build capacity in risk awareness, analysis and management within organizations
- Suggest enhancements to organisational processes and policies to avoid operational risks.
- Undertake audits of organizational policies and compliance to National standards, legislations and frameworks.
- Analyse audit findings and assist in implementing audit recommendations.
- Assist organizations develop effective risk registers.
- Support in the development of policies/Standards/Guidelines/ Best Practices.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, and Information Security or a related field from a recognized university is required (mandatory)
- Any industry certification from a reputable organisation such Computing Technology Industry Association, ISC(2), ISACA, EC-Council is required (mandatory)
- At least 1 year of active experience in ICT/ Information Security roles or in a field related to risk management.
- Working knowledge of global information security frameworks and standards
- Broad knowledge of Information Security
- Knowledge of Risk Management
- Basic Knowledge of IT Service Management
- Able to prioritize and co-ordinate work streams/projects to drive delivery of tasks
- Facilitates groups and individuals to create win-win solutions that delivery greater overall benefit
- A resilient team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, who is willing to take responsibility leading and working with others to create breakthrough solutions to complex problems
- Good Communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility, persistence and willingness to work a variety of activities/ tasks
- Analytical and problem solving skills
How To Apply for NITA Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 13th June 2022 by 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.