Job Title: Management Trainee (Communications) – NITA Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: National Information Technology Authority
Duty Station: Uganda
Directorate: Personal Data Protection Office
Department: Public Relations and International Affairs
Reports to: Communications Officer
Salary Grade: N7
National Information Technology Authority Profile:
The National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U) is an autonomous statutory body established under the NITA-U Act 2009, to coordinate and regulate Information Technology services in Uganda. NITA-U is under the general supervision of the Ministry of ICT and National Guidance.
To support in organizing public relations activities and ensuring effective communication with stakeholders, media and the public.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Draft communication materials for the Office
- Respond to communication-related issues in a timely manner
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists and maintain a media database
- Support in preparation of detailed media activity reports
- Support in the development of promotional material and publications for the Office
- Distribute press releases
- Assist in organizing PR as well as data protection and privacy awareness events
- Maintain and update information on the Office’s website and digital engagement channels
- Work with different departments to generate content
- Perform any other duties, which may be assigned from time to time.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism, Marketing, or Public Relations from a recognized university is required
- At least one year’s active experience in communication, journalism, marketing or public relations.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Excellent use of digital communication tools
- Excellent organizational, scheduling and planning skills
- Self-confident with very good interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan and execute campaigns that deliver measurable results
Nature and Scope
- Able to prioritize and co-ordinate work streams/projects to drive delivery of tasks
- A resilient team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, who is willing to take responsibility leading and working with others to create breakthrough solutions to complex problems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
How To Apply for NITA Uganda Jobs 2022
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements/specifications and with the right personal attributes are invited to complete and submit their application form (which can be downloaded from the NITA-U official website www.nita.go.ug), with a cover letter, supported by curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, and must specify day time telephone contact, postal and email addresses of both the applicant and three referees, to the address below.
The Executive Director,
National Information Technology
Authority – UGANDA (NITA-U),
Palm Courts, Plot 7A, Rotary Avenue (former lugogo bypass)
P.O. Box 33151, Kampala-Uganda
Tel: 0417 801 038
Or via email: [email protected] (application must not exceed 10MBs)
Applicants must also submit with their application verifiable evidence supporting previous relevant appointments such as appointment letters and employment contracts.
No application will be accepted without a duly completed and signed standard application form (referred to above).
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Any form of solicitation, influence peddling and or any other “backdoor” attempt, of whatsoever nature, to influence the selection process in one’s favour, will automatically lead to disqualification of a candidate without any recourse.
Closing Date: 7th February 2022 (Not later than 1700 hrs Local Time)
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.