Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Agriculture Extension Officer (Band IX-B) – Nile Breweries Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Nile Breweries Limited
Location: Bukwo (Sebei region)
Nile Breweries Limited Uganda Profile:
Nile Breweries Limited the leading beverage company in Uganda and a subsidiary of ABInBev, the largest brewing group in the world, provides equal employment opportunities – promoting equality in the company. Our dream is to be the growth engine of AB InBev, creating and sharing superior value.
We seek to recruit a dynamic, results-oriented and self-motivated candidate for the post of:
Job Title: Agriculture Extension Officer Band IX-B
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Ensure timely mobilization, recruitment and registration of farmers for barley and sorghum growing.
• Ensure Sorghum and barley farmers are legally contracted and sign contract forms
• Develop and register farmer associations at sub-county and district levels.
• Ensure that timely land preparation, planting, weeding, harvesting is carried out as per recommended practice
• Ensure soil, moisture conservation and crop rotation practices are observed and carried out by farmers
• Ensure that only pure seed supplied by NBL is planted by farmers and at the correct seed rate and NOT any other.
• Organize farmer seminars, workshops and demonstration plots to coach farmers
• Identify the acreage and corresponding quantities of inputs that will suffice your area of Operation
• Advise farmers on proper spraying of chemicals as per operational calendar and recommendations
• Ensure that herbicide, fungicide and insecticides are applied at the correct time, correct rate
• Using the right calibrated equipment.
• Monitor the crop throughout the entire growth period
• In case of any abnormality e.g. disease occurrence, insect infestation then advises farmers on proper and timely corrective measures to be done.
• Promote adaption of Machinery i.e. threshers and planters use among barley/sorghum farmers
• Dissemination of new farming technologies to farmers
• Assist in the recovery of the costs of inputs advanced to farmers
• Coach farmers to manage farming as a business.
• Coach farmers on budgeting and production cost calculation to estimate financial requirements
• Keep a database tracking seed distribution, seed uptake, actual planted acreage and actual crop yield
• Ensure proper documentation is carried out in dispatching grain from farms to the processing plant.
• Ensure timely information sharing as per the company requirement
• Sensitize the farmers on Responsible Sourcing Protocol and report transgressions.
• Timely monthly reporting of Sustainability goal activities
• Bachelor of Science in Agriculture.
• Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in a related field
• Fluent in English and one major local language
• Conversant with Agro-chemical, farms machinery and equipment
• Conversant with cereal farming
• Good in extension services
• High energy, integrity and attention to detail with balanced personality self-discipline and drive, conceptualizing and innovative thinking, goal orientation and a strong output bias.
• Proactive mindset, self-driven, self-starter and with initiative; ability to communicate • (verbal and written),
• Go-getter attitude
• Computer literacy essential
• Ability to ride a motorcycle with valid driver’s license
How To Apply for the Nile Breweries Uganda Jobs 2021
Candidates that have relevant experience, know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should send their CVs, which should include details of an active e-mail address, current position, Certificate/testimonials and email /telephone contacts of three (3) referees to https://smrtr.io/4ZjCP
Scan and attach documents as one PDF
Deadline: 20th February 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.