Job Title: Administrative Assistant – NHCC Uganda Jobs
Reports to: Chief Engineer/Assigned Head of Department
Organization: National Housing and Construction Company Limited (NHCC)
Salary Scale: G.5
Age Limit: Below 50 years
NHCC Uganda Jobs: National Housing and Construction Company Limited seeks to recruit competent persons with high levels of integrity, dedication and commitment, who will work as part of an exciting team with a vision of becoming better professionals and execute the Company’s mandate. Responsible for providing office management, as well as secretarial support services to the assigned Department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive, sort and read in-coming and outgoing official correspondences and ensure their proper distribution or dispatch, as well as maintain a follow-up action system.
- Maintaining contacts and calendars via Outlook.
- Making photocopies, sending faxes, shredding documents.
- Word process correspondences from various sources, including manual drafts, dictations, e-mails and verbal or written instructions.
- Participate in preparing for meetings, distribute minutes as directed, as well as coordinate events, appointments and other similar activities.
- Serve as the primary departmental receptionist including receiving calls and visitors and direct them or take messages as appropriate.
- Ensure proper records management by maintaining an efficient filing and retrieval system.
- Keep abreast with all current on-going activities by reading files and correspondences in order to be effective in administratively supporting departmental staff.
- Monitor and maintain daily schedules, diaries, travel plans, appointments and similar matters for departmental staff
- Coordinate the operational support activities for the Department, including monitoring the status and proper use of office furniture, equipment and stationery.
- Ensure the cleanliness and orderliness of departmental offices at all times.
Minimum Qualification and Experience:
- A Bachelors degree in Secretarial Studies or it’s equivalent from a recognized University or Institution.
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience as a Secretary/Administrative Assistant or in a similar position in a large and reputable public or private organization
- Proven knowledge and skills in the application of MS Office Packages (especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint are essential).
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- A patient, friendly, resilient, helpful and reliable personality
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and for long hours
- Interpersonal and human relations skills, as well as courteous and a team-player.
- Time management and stress management skills.
How to apply
Applications indicating the position being applied for and accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic certificates, evidence of relevant working experience & contacts of three professional referees should be addressed to;
The Chief Human Resource Officer,
National Housing & Construction Company Limited,
Plot 5, 7thStreet, Industrial Area, P.O. Box 659,
Email to: [email protected]. (All applications via email must be sent as one document, not more than 10 MBS)
Deadline for submission is 13th September 2019 by 4.00 p.m. (Local time)
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.