Job Title: Accounts And Administration Assistant – NFA Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: National Forestry Authority (NFA)
Reports to: Range Manager/Plantation Manager
Duty Station: Field based and ready to work in hard to reach areas
Salary Scale: NFA 6
Employment: Three (3) year contract (Renewable)
National Forestry Authority (NFA) Profile:
Government of Uganda, in 1998 adopted a policy to restructure many government departments including the Forestry Department. It recognized an urgent need for a change in the policy, legal framework and institutions controlling forestry in the country. There was a sense of crisis about the state of the country’s forests and a particular outcry at the state of the forest reserves, in the hands of the Forestry Department. The sensitization Forestry Department was no longer appropriate for the task and therefore a need for it to be divested. It was decided that a new institutional arrangement was needed hence the Forestry Inspection Division, the National Forestry Authority and the District Forestry Services were set up.
Government of Uganda worked with DFID, Norway, GTZ, UNDP, FAO and the EU towards this institutional change since 1999. Having made the decision to close the Forestry Department, the Ministry pushed for a quick development and transition to, an NFA. So, the NFA became in 2003 under section 52 of The National Forestry and Tree Planting Act and was launched on the 26th April 2004.
Establishment of the National Forestry Authority was preceded by the development of the new Forestry Policy (2001) and the National Forest Plan (2002). These were to provide for a framework for distribution of roles and responsibilities amongst sector stakeholders and not just the Forestry Department.
NFA has a mandate of managing 506 Central Forest Reserves (CFR’s) totaling to 1,262,090 ha of the land cover, with objectives of improving management of the CFRs, expanding partnership arrangements, supplying forest and non-forest products and services and ensuring organizational stability.
Provides day-to-day financial management and administrative services.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Prepare and submit payment vouchers for processing.
- Receipt, bank and facilitate clients with payment registration.
- Participate in updating licensees’ register in Central Forest Reserves.
- Maintain books of accounts, payables and receivable ledgers.
- Ensure compliance with internal control.
- Prepare and submit revenue and expenditure returns as per the stipulated timelines.
- Maintain and update the fixed asset register.
- Prepare and maintain stores records.
- Prepare work plans and budgets.
- Compile and submit monthly fuel utilization report timely.
- Supervise and manage activities and payments of casual workers.
- Support Human Resource, procurement and disposal functions.
- Contribute to the revenue generating and sustainability initiative of NFA.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Honors) in Commerce, Business Studies/Administration with a bias in accounts/finance or full professional qualification in accounting.
- Minimum of two (2) years working experience performing accounting or auditing functions in a reputable organization
- Minimum of twenty five (25) years of age.
- Good decision making and leadership skill.
- Critical thinking and attention to detail
- Analytical and good communication skills
- High level of integrity, resilience and reliability.
- Management, team building and organizational skills.
- Computer proficiency
How To Apply for NFA Uganda Jobs 2022
Criteria for application Interested candidates who meet the above requirements, should submit their applications, certified copies of academic certificates, transcripts and curriculum vitae giving full details of applicants’ education, qualifications, experience (with evidence), present salary, and three referees with their full postal, e-mail addresses and telephone contacts as well as the candidate’s full address and e-mail to the address below not later than close of business on 31st August 2022 or send soft copies to [email protected]. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification. NFA is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply. Applications should be addressed to: The Executive Director National Forestry Authority Plot 10/20 Spring Road, Bugolobi P. O. Box 70863, Kampala-Uganda Tel: 0312 – 264035/6; 0414-360400
Deadline: 31st August 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.