Job Title: 3 Transport Assistants – NFA Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: National Forestry Authority (NFA)
Reports to: Transport Officer/Relevant Field Officer
Duty Station: Headquarter/Field based and ready to work in hard to reach areas
Salary Scale: NFA 8B
Terms of Employment: Three (3) year contract (Renewable)
Transport Assistant Profile:
Joint Medical Store (JMS) is a Church founded private not-for-profit organization whose mission is to supply medicines, medical equipment and related healthcare services, and training of assured quality to the people of Uganda at affordable prices; Whereas Gradian Health Systems is in the business of curating, manufacturing and selling medical technology and equipment.
Joint Medical Store (JMS) is a Church founded private not for profit organization whose mission is to Provide Affordable Quality Health Solutions through an Efficient Supply Chain System that Delivers value to Accredited Health Units and Other Stakeholders’.
Drive, maintain and manage the vehicle and ensure safety of the passengers in accordance with NFA Transport Policy and relevant regulations.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Drive NFA vehicles as assigned and directed by the supervisor
- Prepare and timely submit vehicle defects and repair requests
- Ensure that the vehicle is regularly serviced and maintained in a sound mechanical condition in accordance with the service chart.
- Record and maintain vehicle travel records in the log book and ensure that they are authorized by the relevant supervisor.
- Keep vehicle repair and maintenance records.
- Observe and comply with all relevant Road safety and traffic laws and regulations.
- Ensure that the vehicle is in good running condition.
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle is clean and maintain adequate cleaning supplies for the vehicle.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Minimum of Uganda Certificate of Education or its equivalent.
- Valid Driving Permit of Classes B and CM/C.
- Competence driving test certificate is a MUST.
- CH, DL or DM/CIE, CE, D1, D1E, D or C1 class is an added advantage.
- A Certificate in defensive driving or motor vehicle mechanics is an added advantage
- Minimum of three (3) years’ working experience in a similar or related position
- Minimum of thirty (30) years of age.
- Computer literate.
- Good decision making
- Analytical and good communication skills
- High level of integrity, resilience and reliability
- Self-respect, team building and organizational skills.
How To Apply for NFA Uganda Jobs 2022
Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification. NFA is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply. Applications should be addressed to: The Executive Director National Forestry Authority Plot 10/20 Spring Road, Bugolobi P. O. Box 70863, Kampala-Uganda Tel: 0312 – 264035/6; 0414-360400
Deadline: 31st August 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.