Job Title: Project Assistant – NEMA Jobs 2022
Organization: National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Job Ref: NEMA/ADV/EXT/11/2022
National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) Profile:
The National Environment Management Authority (hereinafter called “NEMA”) was established under the National Environment Act, Cap.153 in May 1995 (hereinafter called the “Act”). This has now been repealed by the National Environment Act No.5 of 2019 and mandated “as the principal agency in Uganda for regulating, supervising and coordinating all activities relating to the environment.
The Project Assistant will provide support in the implementation, coordination and execution of the Country Project for management, phase-down and phase-out of ozone depleting substances and substances with global-warming potential.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and update comprehensive work-plan and budget for the Project.
- Make follow-ups on project beneficiaries and prepare status reports on on-going activities.
- Liaise with stakeholders and beneficiaries engaged in the project and assist them to observe and comply with the relevant national and international policies and laws relating to the protection of the Ozone Layer.
- Together with the Project Coordinator assist with the preparation of draft terms of reference for the experts to be contracted during the preparation and execution of certain Project activities.
- Provide secretarial function for the Project National Coordination Committee for management of ozone depleting substances and substances with global-warming potential, and the associated technologies, by:
- Preparing necessary documents and logistics for the meetings of the Committee
- Facilitating meetings together with the Project Coordinator and providing progress reports and prepare technical papers for consideration;
- Preparing formal reports of meetings.
- Liaise with the Project Coordinator in order to enable coordination of all activities under the Project amongst all participating stakeholders, government agencies, implementing agencies, and the NEMA Technical Committee on management of ozone depleting substances and products.
- Liaise with the Project Coordinator to identify and document lessons learned and replicable elements to be disseminated.
- Promote public awareness-raising activities with regards to phasing out the use of the controlled substances and technologies in Uganda.
- Any other duties assigned by the Project Coordinator.
- The ideal candidate for the National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) Project Assistant job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Sciences.
- Master’s Degree in any of the above will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of three years of experience working in chemicals-related industry and associated technologies, or related project works.
- Expert knowledge in the following matters;
- Knowledge of chemicals research
- Applied thermodynamics.
- Knowledge in good practices for managing heat transfer systems.
- Knowledge in good practices in chemicals management and experience in setting up
- Coordination mechanism for chemicals management.
- Familiarity with UNEP tool kit for identification and quantification of chemical releases related technologies dependent on the controlled /prohibited chemicals.
- Familiarity with laws, regulations and standards for chemicals management.
- Familiarity with the chemicals processes and best available technologies (BAT/BEP)
How To Apply for NEMA Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should download the application form, Click Here, fill the form, attaching requisite academic transcripts and certificates in one pdf file named “Position-Name of Applicant”.
The one pdf file should be submitted to [email protected]
NB: Applicants who will not have heard from us by 7th April 2022 should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Deadline: 7th February 2022 by 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.