Job Title: Technology Transfer Support Officer – NARO Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: National Agricultural Research Organization (NARO)
Duty Station: Entebbe and Mukono, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Commercialization and Incubation officer
National Agricultural Research Organization (NARO) Profile:
The National Agricultural Research Organization (NARO) is mandated to coordinate, oversee and guide agricultural research in Uganda. Over the years, NARO has generated technologies and products with Intellectual Property (IP) and commercial potential guided by relevant policies under her mission of innovating for sustainable agricultural transformation.
About USAID Project:
USAID is partnering with NARO through Feed the Future (FtF) – NARO Funding Framework to strengthen NARO’s institutional capacity to enhance rapid and sustained commercialization of her research technologies for transformation of people’s livelihoods.
To support the broader goals of NARO in Commercialization and Research-Industry collaboration that are consistent with NARO’s Commercialization and Intellectual property policies and Feed the future Agriculture Research Activity goal.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Support the implementation of the NARO commercialization policy frameworks.
- Conduct technical and market intelligence studies for supporting the penetration of NARO products and technologies into the market.
- Support detection of infringement of NAROs’ Intellectual property in the market and ensure enforcement.
- Support development and implementation of business investment and strategic plans for commercialization of NARO products and technologies.
- Support product branding and incubation efforts.
- Coordinate engagements with private sector to communicate new NARO technologies and opportunities with commercial potential.
- Monitor implementation of license agreements and other commercialization frameworks signed between NARO and private sector.
- Support data collection on technology uptake and performance of private sector with whom the license agreements have been signed.
- Support in the development and streamlining of the seed/seedling road map.
- Ensure that the commercialization process of NARO technologies and products is in line with her gender strategy.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisors.
The Technology transfer support officer is expected to have the following qualifications and experience:
- Degree in Agribusiness, business administration or any related field with at least 2 years’ experience in marketing of innovative products
- A Master’s Degree in Agribusiness, business administration, marketing, public policy, governance or related fields will be an added advantage.
- Must have a track record in building and supporting business relationships and networks.
- Must have excellent analytical, facilitation, and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work as part of a team is a must
How To Apply for NARO Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested job applicants should submit a hard copy of a cover letter, CV, academic transcripts and three referees in one attachment to the office of the DG NARO secretariat offices, Plot 3 Lugard Avenue Entebbe. Uganda
Deadline: 21st February 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.