Job Title: Intellectual Property Support Officer – NARO Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: National Agricultural Research Organization (NARO)
Duty Station: Entebbe and Mukono, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Intellectual Property Officer
National Agricultural Research Organization (NARO) Profile:
The National Agricultural Research Organization (NARO) is mandated to coordinate, oversee and guide agricultural research in Uganda. Over the years, NARO has generated technologies and products with Intellectual Property (IP) and commercial potential guided by relevant policies under her mission of innovating for sustainable agricultural transformation.
About USAID Project:
USAID is partnering with NARO through Feed the Future (FtF) – NARO Funding Framework to strengthen NARO’s institutional capacity to enhance rapid and sustained commercialization of her research technologies for transformation of people’s livelihoods.
The Intellectual Property Support Officer will play an active role in the identification, protection of intellectual property technology) developed by NARO and provide intellectual property management support services as guided by the NARO IP and Commercialization policies.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Coordinate interaction with NARO scientists to identify new technologies and assess their intellectual property potential
- Initiate and coordinate intellectual property disclosure through the technology disclosure forms.
- Support drafting of Intellectual property rights applications for filing.
- Coordinate the review of proof of concepts, proposals and contracts to identify intellectual property issues
- Support in the creation of intellectual property awareness among the NARO community and partners.
- Support in the maintenance of NARO IP portfolio and databases
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisors.
- The applicant should at least hold a bachelor’s degree in Natural sciences, Business administration, Economics or relevant field. A post graduate diploma preferably in intellectual property, business management project planning and management, agribusiness will be an added advantage.
- At least two years of experience in a relevant position in an academic and/or Science environment;
- Good track record in comprehension of scientific and technological topics, market trends and research projects
- Must have excellent analytical, facilitation, and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work as part of a team is a must.
How To Apply for NARO Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested job applicants should submit a hard copy of a cover letter, CV, academic transcripts and three referees in one attachment to the office of the DG NARO secretariat offices, Plot 3 Lugard Avenue Entebbe. Uganda
Deadline: 21st February 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.