Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Fresher Billing Assistant – Nakasero Hospital Jobs 2021
Organization: Nakasero Hospital
Duty Station: Kampala
Nakasero Hospital Profile:
Nakasero Hospital is a private hospital in Uganda that has been in operation since 2009. Our Mission is to provide quality, sustainable, compassionate health care by leveraging local and international talent and state-of-the-art technology.
The job of the Billing Assistant responsible for discharges shall be to provide NH clients with final bills in line with the prevailing policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Carry out ward rounds every morning to ascertain patients likely to be discharged.
• Liaise with billing assistants on the wards to ensure that files for discharged patients are given priority.
• Check the accuracy of patient bills paying special attention to problematic areas such as consultant’s fees, returned drugs, gloves, multiple and abnormal billings.
• Provide explanations to patients to clarify any concerns they may have about their bills.
• Escalate any issues that cannot be resolved about the bills to those with the ability to provide appropriate explanations.
• Ensure that all bills are signed by the patients to acknowledge their accuracy and acceptance of amounts due to NHL.
• Update patients on the progress of the discharge process.
• Liaise with cash office to ensure that cash patients leave the hospital after paying for their bills in full.
• Ensure that all cash paying patients who fail to clear bills have filled in a Credit Application Form with approval from Credit Control.
• Follow up Guarantee of Payment forms from insurance and other health service providers.
• Review all billing and discharge registers at the various stations in order to recommend improvements to the discharge process.
• Follow up any day cases to ensure that their bills are processed in a timely manner.
• Update the discharge register in order to track all discharges on a daily basis.
Minimum Qualifications for Nakasero Hospital Jobs 2021
Good communication skills. Empathy to patients, Able to work under minimum supervision, Self-motivated and result orientated.
Knowledge/Qualifications and Experience
Diploma or Degree in relevant Field (Nursing), Finance and accounting knowledge, One (1) year’s work experience and Fluent in English
Candidates that have relevant experience, meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should submit their applications, Curriculum vitae and academic certificates to [email protected] or Deliver Hard Copies to the Human Resource Office at Nakasero Hospital on 2nd Floor addressed to the Human Resource Manager.
Nakasero Hospital provides an equal opportunity for all qualified persons and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, ethnicity, tribe, national origin, ancestry, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Canvassing or lobbying by an applicant directly or indirectly in connection with any appointment shall disqualify the applicant.
Nakasero Hospital does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.
Closing Date: 16th July 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.