Job Title: Program Assistant (Apiary) – NAGRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: National Animal Genetic Resources Centre and Data Bank (NAGRC&DB)
Job Location: Uganda
National Animal Genetic Resources Centre and Data Bank (NAGRC&DB) Profile:
The National Animal Genetics Resources Centre and Data Bank, (NAGRC&DB) is a body corporate under the Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries whose mandate is to take a leading role in establishing a comprehensive National Animal Breeding Programme in Uganda.
Participate in contributing to the overall performance of the apiary unit
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in promoting bee keeping and improved /modern hives;
- Participate in developing training sessions and materials on bee keeping, hive management, quality product harvesting and refining;
- Participate in setting up, planning, supervising and monitoring implementation of apiary programs;
- Participate in bee breeding and conservation programs.
- Participate in setting up of local bee keeping associations; vi. To assist in planning and budgeting for the apiary program; vii. To participate in overseeing the works of implementing partners, suppliers and apiary workers;
- Participate in training of bee keeping farmers /associations in commercial bee
- keeping to support the state of art laboratory and processing plant with raw materials;
- Ensure that program reporting is completed in a timely and accurate manner following stipulated procedures and reporting formats;
- Participate in developing bee breeding program, plan and strategy for improved production and productivity.
- Assist in maintaining a bee healthy program for improved production. xii. Undertake any other duties as assigned by the supervisors
- The ideal applicant must hold a diploma in Apiculture or Apiary production and management from a recognized institution
- A bachelor’s degree in the same field is an added advantage
- Should have good communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Working experience in apiculture of at least two (02) years from a reputable organization.
How To Apply for NAGRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All l suitably qualified and interested candidates should send scanned applications, CVs and academic documents as one pdf file and sent STRICTLY by email to; [email protected]. The email application subject should state the job applied for and addressed to:
The Executive Director
Attn: Human Resource/Administration,
National Animal Genetic Resources Center and Data Bank (NAGRC&DB)
P.O. Box 183 Nsamizi Road, Entebbe
Deadline: 10th December 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.