Job Title: 2 Data Entrants – NAADS Jobs 2019
Organization: National Agricultural Advisory Services (NAADS)
Duration: Seven (07) month contract period with the possibility of renewal
The main purpose of the job is to support NAADS Secretariat in data entry operations onto the Web-based Database Management System to increase the degree to which data is fit for purposes of its intended use in different dimensions that include relevance, accuracy, timeliness, accessibility, and coherence.
NAADS Jobs 2019: The Data Entrants will work closely with Assistant Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to support data entry on all programme related databases to feed into the online database management information system and report compilation.
National Agricultural Advisory Services (NAADS) Profile:
National Agricultural Advisory Services (NAADS) is an organization established under the Act of Parliament of 2001. The Government of Uganda has since then restructured NAADS leading to
refocusing of its mandate for execution by NAADS Secretariat. The restructuring process coincided with the implementation of new NAADS mandate for wealth creation which entails a lot of data capture and requires clear definition and measurement of results and impacts of the implemented activities at all levels. NAADS is looking for competent, committed and qualified Ugandans to fill Secretariat headquarter based positions for Data Entrants to support the NAADS Secretariat Planning,
Monitoring and Evaluation Department in data entry management on a seven (07) month contract period with the possibility of renewal. The vacancies are as indicated here below.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enter NAADS/OWC program data onto the web-based Database Management System for FYs 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18 and 2018/19.
- Data entry that will involve various data sets from all the District Local Governments; District performance indicators, information on the administrative units, enterprises, releases and the farmer-beneficiaries.
- Will make sure that there is appropriate accuracy, confidentiality and secrecy of data entered into the databases by rechecking Data after entry and make sure that data is entered correctly on a daily basis.
- Undertake periodic data analysis from the web-based database system to inform decision-making processes.
- Assist PM&E Unit in providing data for compilation of periodic and annual reports.
- Perform other duties as advised by the supervisor.
- An Honor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Computing or Statistics from a recognized University.
- At least 1 year of professional working experience in big data entry and management in a reputable organization preferably using web-based database systems.
- Adult Ugandan aged below 45 years.
- Demonstrated good knowledge and skills in Database applications such My/SQL, Oracle or any Database Management Platform preferably web-based database Management System.
- Demonstrated good IT skills including knowledge in advanced MS Office Packages preferably MS Access and MS Excel.
- Demonstrated skills and experiences in data entry, data management & analysis.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Work as a team player and team maker
- Proven typing speed and accuracy of a minimum of 40 words per minute
- Ability to meet tight reporting deadlines.
- Ability to work for a minimum of 40 hours per week with minimal supervision.
How To Apply:
- Submit applications accompanied by a typed resume, copy of National Identity Card, copies of academic certificates, transcripts and testimonials.
- The applicant is expected to provide his/her telephone contact(s) as well as names of three (3) referees stating their respective physical addresses, telephone numbers and emails.
- Each applicant is required to specify on the address side of the envelope, the position being applied for and then submit to:
National Agricultural Advisory Services (NAADS) Secretariat, P.O. Box 25235,
Plot 5, Kyadondo Road, Block B, Legacy Towers Nakasero, Kampala.
Deadline: By 4:30 PM, ON MONDAY NOVEMBER 04,2019.
Are you subscribed to our Daily Job Email Updates? If not, subscribe via the button below: Don’t miss any new jobs!!