Job Title: Project Associate – MSH Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Uganda
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Uganda Profile:
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a global health nonprofit that makes foundational changes to health systems to protect people from diseases and improve their health. MSH collaborates with local partners, from the Ministry to the community, to strengthen and complement existing health systems. Since 1971, MSH has worked in more than 150 countries to help ensure sustainable, resilient, and equitable access to quality health care around the globe.
The Project Associate is responsible for organization, coordination and follow up of the project management team meetings and supporting home office staff and external consultant travel arrangement. In addition s/he works with the procurement team to procure goods and services.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work together with the procurement team to procure goods and services in line with local laws and regulations, including workshop or meeting venues ensuring that all logistic aspects are adequately addressed including the reproduction and compilation of necessary materials.
- Support the Senior Accountant to review invoices and field expenses for a timely submission according to policy and procedures.
- Maintain the procurement tracker, recording complete purchase requests and updating it with status of the procurement status for the requested services, ensuring it has up to date information by every Friday of the week.
- Manages the team office supplies including stationery, refreshments.
Program Implementation Support (35%)
- Assist in the preparation of agendas for staff and technical meetings, document minutes,
- disseminate, follow up actions and updating the status of completed tasks in the relevant project logs.
- Develop and maintain the calendar of planned MTaPS program activities.
- Maintain an archive of all key activity documents such as final donor reports, correspondence emails with stakeholders/donors, presentations made, project review documents etc, and support with dissemination of programmatic and team information.
- Coordinate travel arrangements related to program delivery and program activities and ensure that all travel arrangements are in compliance with donor (USAID) regulations and MSH procedures. Liaise with the transport office to coordinate required vehicle hire purchases where available fleet is not sufficient and ensure timely requests and solicitations.
- Coordinate both activity and home office staff including external consultant travels (in country and abroad) and logistics and ensure compliance with MSH guidelines and policies. Initiate and maintain communications with home office staff providing short-term technical assistance and external consultants before, during and after the assignment
- The ideal candidate for the Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Project Associate job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business Administration or equivalent qualification
- One to three years of related work experience.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member in a complex and fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability in computer skills for word processing, databases, spreadsheets, and presentations (Microsoft Office applications preferred); and a willingness to learn new software packages.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent written and verbal language skills in English
- Competencies: Administrative skills, excellent written and verbal communication
How To Apply for MSH Uganda Jobs 2021:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their CVs and Application online via the link below:
Deadline: Open until closed
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.