Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Field Worker – MRC/ UVRI Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: MRC/ UVRI Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
MRC/ UVRI Uganda Profile:
The Unit is an internationally recognised centre of excellence with dominant research themes in the areas of HIV and emerging infections, vaccines and immunity, and chronic diseases and cancer. Through a multidisciplinary approach, intersecting basic science, epidemiological research, social-behavioural research and the conduct of new intervention evaluation studies, the Unit contributes knowledge on changing epidemics and diseases, the evaluation of innovative health care options, treatment and prevention and the development of health policy and practice in Africa and worldwide. Following the signing of strategic transfer agreements between the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) and the Medical Research Council (MRC UK), the Unit formally joined LSHTM on 1st February 2018.
The exciting new partnership will boost research capacity into current and emerging health issues in Africa and throughout the world. The Unit is based at the UVRI Entebbe campus with established outposts in Kalungu, Masaka, Wakiso and Kampala Districts.
• To explain study purpose to potential participants;
• To assist in participant recruitment;
• To administer study information and obtain informed consent;
• When required, will assist clinical staff during clinical procedures including blood draws, BP measurement, verbal autopsies among others;
• To transport study samples, by motorcycle if necessary, from clinic/study sites to the appropriate laboratory for timely processing;
• To liaise with the Project Leader, Site Coordinators and the Community Liaison Officer (CLO) to minimize loss to follow up and plan home visits;
• To update contact information, track and trace participants with missed visits;
• To track supplies/consumables for the study sites;
• To contribute to data collection and cleaning; and,
• To operate and maintain an adequately serviced motorcycle in accordance with the national highway code and the MRC/UVRI & LSHTM fleet regulations.
• Minimum of Post-secondary diploma/certificate science field or a bachelor’s degree in any humanities field;
• Certificate in health education/health promotion, GCP, counselling, research methods are an added advantage;
• At least 1 years’ experience carrying out similar work in a medical research setting;
• Experience with drawing blood.
• Experience in community mobilisation and sensitization;
• Experience in data collection and cleaning;
• Experience in mobilisation and community engagement for research;
• Experience riding motorcycles with class A riding Permit;
• Good command of both English and Luganda;
• User knowledge in computer applications; and,
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
How To Apply for MRC/ UVRI Uganda Jobs 2020:
Interested candidates should send their CV, a cover letter with copies of academic certificates including 3 professional referees and their contacts online via the link below:
Filling the form more than once will lead to automatic disqualification.
Combine all your application documentation i.e. cover letter, CV & academic documents into one PDF document.
The applications should be addressed to:
The Head of Human Resources,
MRC/ UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit,
P.O. Box, 49,
Consider your application unsuccessful if not contacted within eight (8) weeks after the closing date of the advert.
Deadline: 17th December 2020.