Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: 2 Field Workers (Community Mobilisers) – MRC/UVRI Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: MRC/UVRI & LSHTM Uganda Research Unit
Duty Station: Entebbe. Duration: 2 months
MRC/UVRI Uganda Profile:
The Unit is an internationally recognised centre of excellence with dominant research themes in the areas of HIV and emerging infections, vaccines and immunity, and chronic diseases and cancer. Through a multidisciplinary approach, intersecting basic science, epidemiological research, social-behavioural research and the conduct of new intervention evaluation studies, the Unit contributes knowledge on changing epidemics and diseases, the evaluation of innovative health care options, treatment and prevention and the development of health policy and practice in Africa and worldwide.
The Thanzi la Onse programme also aims to reduce health inequality in the region through better support in resource allocation decisions. Health inequality is the difference in health between population groups. There is however very limited information available on how the Ugandan population views health inequality. Therefore, alongside the EQ-5D-5L valuation, we will answer questions relating to health-related resource allocation in Uganda by eliciting preferences relating to health inequality aversion. Such evidence can be used in distributional cost-effectiveness analyses of health-related interventions and policies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Carry out recruitment of members of the public in the selected areas of Central Uganda into the study.
• Carry out administrative duties to ensure the smooth running of the interviews.
• Enter collected data in the excel database.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
• At least an Undergraduate Degree in economics, social sciences, accounting, or medical sciences
• Students currently pursuing their masters are encouraged to apply
• At least 1-year experience as an interviewer in a medical or academic setting
• Experience working as a community liaison or study recruiter for medical research
• Experience working on economic evaluation, Quality of Life, and research on inequality is an added advantage
• Experience working with the Unit is an added advantage
• Good knowledge of the Ugandan Health System
• Knowledge of EQ5D and/or Quality of Life measures is an added advantage
• Knowledge on health inequality is an added advantage
• Good report-writing skills
• Good Written and spoken Luganda and English
How To Apply For MRC/UVRI Uganda Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their CVs and Application online via the link below:
Filling the form more than once will lead to automatic disqualification. High level of integrity while filling the form is required and will be considered during shortlisting.
Deadline: 30th October 2020, 5:00 p.m