Job Title: Inventory Officer – Movit Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Movit Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Inventory Supervisor
Movit Uganda Profile:
Movit Products Ltd. Popularly known as Movit believes in the heritage of beauty and family across the globe. With this at the forefront, Movit delved into the manufacturing of quality body and hair care products and has been at it since 1999. Movit Products Ltd. Founded in Uganda by Birungi Simpson an Entrepreneur and leading industrialist was established in 1997 With the aim of building bridges to see that by the wake of the 21st century Beauty meets the African beauty heritage without distorting either. Movit is situated along Entebbe road. The plant seats 25 acres Approximately 101,175 square meters of land of which 12 acres Approximately 48,564 square meters are reserved for future expansion.
Movit Products Ltd activities since its inception have revolved around manufacturing and distribution of quality Body, hair care and baby care products. Currently, the Company has 6 brands, Movit, with Skin and Haircare products, Radiant established in 2012 with Hair Care Products, Skin guard with anti-bacterial Skincare products, Baby Junior with baby care, then NAN & PINE with body care products.
The Inventory Officer shall be the custodian of the store and shall Coordinate the Storage and stock control functions and ensure Adherence to the stock management systems with the view of increasing efficiency and minimizing cost.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Ensure the safety and proper storage procedures for all the allocated stores;
• Determine reorder points and maximum stock levels in line with average consumption.
• Monitor stock usage of all materials and notify user/ procurement when stock balances run low to prevent stockout;
• Carry out stock reconciliation of the company stock at least once a month;
• Maintain the inventory management system (SAP);
• Prepare Daily, weekly and Monthly reports of stock receipts and issues;
• Provide stores information to management as and when required;
• Keep and accurately record item deliveries to the company stores;
• Control access to the store and ensure safe custody of all company stocks as per the set company standards;
• Optimize the stocking of items to effectively use the available storage space;
• Ensure proper stock identification especially the hazardous materials;
• Carry out daily stock taking to ensure proper stock reconciliation in allocated stores;
• Implement the Movit Eagle way by executing your duties in line with Quality, Speed, Cost, Safety and People in order to establish the basis for Effective Problem Solving, Continuous Improvement and Innovation; and
• Perform any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
Working Relationship and work Environment:
• Working with the entire staff and departments in Movit Products Limited;
• Maintain good relations with key associates and company external stakeholders;
• Office based and ability to manage urgent demands;
• Ability to meet deadlines and exhibit a high degree of flexibility and versatility;
• Ability to work in a team.
• The ideal candidate for the Inventory Officer position should hold minimum a Degree in Procurement, Stores or any relevant field;
• A minimum of two years working experience in a busy organization preferably in Stores;
• Excellent interpersonal skills,
• Ability to work under pressure with minimum or no supervision and meet deadlines in a fast-paced changing environment
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills with a high demonstrable level of integrity and confidentiality
How To Apply for Movit Uganda Jobs 2021
Download the movit job application form, fill it and send it as an attachment to [email protected] (Not more than 1MB)
Please quote the Job Title in the subject line
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 16th March 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.