Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Certificate Plumber – Movit Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Movit Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Electrical Technical Supervisor
Movit Uganda Profile:
Movit Products Ltd. Popularly known as Movit believes in the heritage of beauty and family across the globe. With this at the forefront, Movit delved into the manufacturing of quality body and hair care products and has been at it since 1999. Movit Products Ltd. Founded in Uganda by Birungi Simpson an Entrepreneur and leading industrialist was established in 1997 With the aim of building bridges to see that by the wake of the 21st century Beauty meets the African beauty heritage without distorting either. Movit is situated along Entebbe road. The plant seats 25 acres Approximately 101,175 square meters of land of which 12 acres Approximately 48,564 square meters are reserved for future expansion.
Movit Products Ltd activities since its inception have revolved around manufacturing and distribution of quality Body, hair care and baby care products. Currently, the Company has 6 brands, Movit, with Skin and Haircare products, Radiant established in 2012 with Hair Care Products, Skin guard with anti-bacterial Skincare products, Baby Junior with baby care, then NAN & PINE with body care products.
The Plumber will be responsible for responding to daily plumbing works, carry out maintenance of all plumbing systems and attend to plumbing systems breakdowns.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Carrying out routine preventive maintenance inspections on all plumbing systems to identify and replace worn parts;
• Interprets blueprints and building specifications to map layout for pipes, drainage systems, and other plumbing materials;
• Installs new pipelines for water, compressed air, or other liquids;
• Installs supports for pipes, equipment, and fixtures prior to installation;
• Assembles fittings and valves for installation;
• Modifies length of pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing materials if the need arises;
• Ensuring proper utilization and storage of all equipment and tools;
• Collaborates with contractors, construction workers, electricians, pipefitters, and steamfitters in installing and repairing plumbing systems;
• Tests plumbing systems for leakages and other problems;
• Analyses plumbing systems problems and identifies appropriate tools and materials for repair;
• Complying with health, safety and environment policy while carrying out maintenance activities;
• Writes a report documenting the problem and summary of actions taken;
• Manage costs through focused improvement and innovations;
• Implement the Movit Eagle way by executing your duties in line with Quality, Speed, Cost, Safety and People in order to establish the basis for Effective Problem Solving, Continuous Improvement and Innovation; and
• Perform any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
• The ideal candidate for the Plumber position should hold minimum a certificate in Plumbing;
• A minimum of two (2) years` relevant working experience preferably in a similar position in a busy working environment;
• Should have quick Troubleshooting skills and result-oriented;
• Awareness in occupational health & safety;
• Should have computer basic skills;
• Should have basic knowledge in machine fitting and fabrication;
• Good listening skills and strong verbal communication;
• Mechanical and Technical Skills;
• Physical Stamina and Strength;
• Ability to work under pressure with minimum or no supervision and meet deadlines in a fast-paced changing environment;
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, supervision, reporting and organization skills with a high demonstrable level of integrity and confidentiality.
How To Apply for Movit Uganda Jobs 2021
Download the movit job application form, fill it and send it as an attachment to [email protected] (Not more than 1MB)
Please quote the Job Title in the subject line
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 16th March 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.