Job Title: 3 Diploma Process Supervisors – Movit Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Movit Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Movit Uganda Profile:
Movit Products Ltd. Popularly known as Movit believes in the heritage of beauty and family across the globe. With this at the forefront, Movit delved into the manufacturing of quality body and hair care products and has been at it since 1999. Movit Products Ltd. Founded in Uganda by Birungi Simpson an Entrepreneur and leading industrialist was established in 1997 With the aim of building bridges to see that by the wake of the 21st century Beauty meets the African beauty heritage without distorting either. Movit is situated along Entebbe road. The plant seats 25 acres Approximately 101,175 square meters of land of which 12 acres Approximately 48,564 square meters are reserved for future expansion.
Movit Products Ltd activities since its inception have revolved around manufacturing and distribution of quality Body, hair care and baby care products. Currently, the Company has 6 brands, Movit, with Skin and Haircare products, Radiant established in 2012 with Hair Care Products, Skin guard with anti-bacterial Skincare products, Baby Junior with baby care, then NAN & PINE with body care products.
The Process Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring effective supervision of allocated mixing section, ensure proper manpower deployment, ensure good manufacturing practices are adhered to, ensure the promotion of an innovative culture, ensure maximum productivity and efficiency is achieved.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Supervise all mixing operations and maintain equipment in mixing halls attached to you according to specifications and standard operating procedures;
• Provide accountability of all resources provided ranging from equipment usage and raw materials;
• Ensure shift handover is done properly by reporting all pending work to be cleared by the incoming shift;
• Ensure a seamless flow of production plans by running & meeting all production targets, ensure all unused raw material returns are made as per the RM return SOP;
• Ensure that the shift production plan is followed by deploying manpower & equipment to produce products as per the shared plan;
• Notify the shift manager in case of any changes to what was planned to be produced;
• Ensure shift production targets are met in a timely manner at an optimum cost.
• Ensure that 5S culture is implemented in the production halls supervised.
• Timely recording & reporting of all major breakdowns to the maintenance team.
• Ensure housekeeping & work area organization is done by the technical process operators & housekeeping team.
• Ensure product quality specifications are met.
• Communicate safety, quality, and production information to peers and process operators each day
• Implement the Movit Eagle way by executing your duties in line with Quality, Speed, Cost, Safety and People in order to establish the basis for Effective Problem Solving, Continuous Improvement and Innovation; and
• Perform any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
Working Relationship and work Environment:
• Working with the entire staff and departments in Movit Products Limited;
• Maintain good relations with key associates and company external stakeholders;
• Office based and ability to manage urgent demands;
• Ability to meet deadlines and exhibit a high degree of flexibility and versatility;
• Ability to work in a team.
The ideal candidate for the Process Supervisor position should hold a minimum a Diploma in Chemical engineering/Chemistry or any other related science discipline.
• Having a Higher diploma or degree qualification is an added advantage.
• 2 Years relevant experience in FMCG environment or busy manufacturing setup;
• Awareness in occupational health & safety;
• Must have good reporting skills, ability to relate well with co-workers, keeping up to date with changing technology, good troubleshooting & technical skills, good planning skills, team player, Decision & problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work under pressure with minimum or no supervision and meet deadlines in a fast-paced changing environment;
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, supervision and organization skills with a high demonstrable level of integrity and confidentiality.
How To Apply for Movit Uganda Jobs 2021
Download the movit job application form, fill it and send it as an attachment to [email protected] (Not more than 1MB)
Please quote the Job Title in the subject line
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 16th March 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.