Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: 3 Diploma Electrical Technicians – Movit Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Movit Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Electrical Technical Supervisor
Movit Uganda Profile:
Movit Products Ltd. Popularly known as Movit believes in the heritage of beauty and family across the globe. With this at the forefront, Movit delved into the manufacturing of quality body and hair care products and has been at it since 1999. Movit Products Ltd. Founded in Uganda by Birungi Simpson an Entrepreneur and leading industrialist was established in 1997 With the aim of building bridges to see that by the wake of the 21st century Beauty meets the African beauty heritage without distorting either. Movit is situated along Entebbe road. The plant seats 25 acres Approximately 101,175 square meters of land of which 12 acres Approximately 48,564 square meters are reserved for future expansion.
Movit Products Ltd activities since its inception have revolved around manufacturing and distribution of quality Body, hair care and baby care products. Currently, the Company has 6 brands, Movit, with Skin and Haircare products, Radiant established in 2012 with Hair Care Products, Skin guard with anti-bacterial Skincare products, Baby Junior with baby care, then NAN & PINE with body care products.
The Electrical Technician will be responsible for managing shift works, carry out maintain of machines and attend to machine breakdowns.
Roles and responsibilities:
Ensure machine preventive checks are done on the daily basis and closed out with
the preventive maintenance planner;
• Timely attendance to machine breakdowns in a shift, done according to the
breakdown handling process in place to ensure the smooth operation;
• Manage costs by avoiding double usage of spares on the same machine;
• Carry out root cause analysis (RCA) using 5 Why problem-solving tool for any breakdown above 30mins;
• Carry out machine control system modifications, motor installation and troubleshooting;
• Carry out machine maintenance and operation;
• Implement the Movit Eagle way by executing your duties in line with Quality, Speed, Cost, Safety and People in order to establish the basis for Effective Problem Solving, Continuous Improvement and Innovation; and
• Perform any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
Working Relationship and work Environment:
• Working with the entire staff and departments in Movit Products Limited;
• Maintain good relations with key associates and company external stakeholders;
• Office based and ability to manage urgent demands;
• Ability to meet deadlines and exhibit a high degree of flexibility and versatility;
• Ability to work in a team.
• The ideal candidate for the Electrical Technician position should hold a minimum diploma in Electrical Engineering;
• A minimum of two (2) years` relevant working experience preferably in the position in a busy working environment.
• Must have technical engineering skills;
• Should have quick Troubleshooting skills and result-oriented; Should be able to interpret electrical drawings;
• Should have basic PLC programming knowledge;
• Should be able to troubleshoot basic instrumentation systems e.g. temperature control, equipment calibrations, flow control systems, pressure control and level control;
• Should have knowledge of date coding machines;
• Should have computer basic skills;
• Should have machine maintenance knowledge;
• Should have knowledge in motor control systems;
• Should have knowledge in installation and configuration of variable frequency drives (VFDs);
• Should have knowledge in electrical safety;
• Ability to work under pressure with minimum or no supervision and meet deadlines in a fast-paced changing environment;
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, supervision, reporting and organization skills with a high demonstrable level of integrity and confidentiality.
How To Apply for Movit Uganda Jobs 2021
Download the movit job application form, fill it and send it as an attachment to [email protected] (Not more than 1MB)
Please quote the Job Title in the subject line
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 16th March 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.