Job Title: Data, evidence and learning (DEL) Officers – Mott Macdonald Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Mott Macdonald Uganda
Job Location: Arua and Mbale
You will be responsible for the data, evidence and learning outputs of SESIL at regional / sub-regional levels. The purpose of the position is to generate programme data and evidence to inform SESIL about whether its strategies are working and help the programme and implementation team to continuously improve and do things better; to strengthen data, evidence and learning in the context of SESIL’s teacher, school and district effectiveness streams to drive improved instruction and learning; and, through the generation of relevant and rigorous evidence, to ultimately identify whether SESIL achieves what it promises to achieve.
Working with the DEL Performance Lead and Key Adviser in executing SESIL’s monitoring and evaluation strategies, frameworks, tools and theory of change documents across SESIL’s targeted districts in focus sub-regions.
Implementing specific M&E mechanisms and tools for the programme in their assigned districts and sub-region in coordination with the DEL Performance Lead, SESIL’s technical advisers, programme staff, local government officials, school leaders and teachers. The DEL Officer is responsible for all field-based implementation of SESIL’s monitoring and evaluation activities in their assigned districts and sub-regions as well as updating programme M&E databases and other relevant documents. The DEL Officer will also support the DEL Performance Lead and Key Adviser in coordinating and implementing SESIL’s research activities and evaluations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with programme staff and stakeholders to implement monitoring and evaluation strategies, frameworks and theory of change documents for SESIL, including the MEL Framework, TOC, M&E Plan and Evaluation Plans.
- Maintain and keep all monitoring, evaluation and reporting documents up to date throughout the programme cycle
- Help district and regional programme staff develop monitoring work plans and ensure they are implemented
- Monitor the implementation of programme field activities and regional teams and report on their overall outcomes and results. This includes regular field visits to validate programme data, support monitoring activities and backstop the work of school leaders, head teachers and government officials.
- Support the DEL Programme Lead in reporting on all monitoring activities, results, outcomes and outputs to the programme team.
- Provide support in preparing for and implement all scheduled evaluation activities (baseline, midline, endline).
- Prepare for and implement all programme research activities.
- Support the training of programme staff, partners and stakeholders on programme monitoring and evaluation tools and other relevant M&E activities and related topics.
- Participate in other trainings and provide support for staff and consultants as required, especially for sessions related to programme monitoring activities delivered by school and district stakeholders.
- Support results reporting and data generation with local stakeholders
- Analyse data and support the DEL Programme Lead to produce district and regional M&E reports and data summaries in a timely, professional manner.
- Attend workshops, meetings and trainings for the SESIL programme.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the programme team and deliver reports on field findings and results from weekly activities and monitoring visits.
- Create weekly, monthly quarterly and annual work plans in coordination with programme staff.
- Support the programme’s district and regional advocacy and communications plans, working in particular with local stakeholders and partners
- Engage in networking and carry out tasks where need be to promote the SESIL programme.
- Support the Key Adviser, DEL Programme Lead, other technical leads and the programme’s senior management team on additional tasks related to the production and dissemination of programme data and evidence.
How To Apply for Mott Macdonald Uganda Jobs 2020 – Fresher DEL Officers:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply by using the “Apply Now” button below.
Deadline: 18th March 2020.