Job Title: Regional wetlands coordinator (Central) – Ministry of Water and Environment Jobs 2022
Organization: Ministry of Water and Environment
Job Location: Uganda
Reports to: Principal Wetland Officer (District Support)
Terms of Appointment: Contract (Renewable subject to satisfactory performance)
Ministry of Water and Environment Profile:
The Ministry of Water and Environment (MWE) was established in 2007, from the then Ministry of Water, Lands and Environment, following the cabinet decision taken on 15th April, 2007. It has the overall responsibility of the development, managing, and regulating water and Environment resources in Uganda. In the process of executing all its operations, the Ministry is committed to zero tolerance to fraud and corruption as guided by the existing legal national frameworks and institutions.
The Ministry of Water and Environment is committed to avoiding, minimizing, and mitigating adverse environmental and social impacts associated with its projects, as well as adopting a gender-sensitive and gender-equitable approach for all its projects. The Ministry is also committed to ensuring transparency and accessibility of information, in addition to facilitating the resolution of disputes, with respect to environmental and social risks and gender considerations.
Provide technical backstopping and support supervision to Local Governments and other stake holders in the region of jurisdiction. Institute and streamline the operation of Wetland and site Management Committees in the region.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Liaise with the Local Governments, Planning and Development Section and the relevant institutions in the regions in the protection, development and implementation of Wetland management plans.
- Liaise with the Local Governments, Planning and Development Section and the relevant institutions in the regions to prepare District and Cities wetland inventory reports.
- Prepare a database of wetland management plans, and the status of their implementation in the region.
- Prepare a list and profiles of hotspot wetlands in the districts in need of restoration and planning in liaison with Local Governments.
- Liaise with the Monitoring and Enforcement unit in the enforcement of compliance to the Policy, laws and standards.
- Assist in the planning, implementation and reporting on the Wetlands Management Project in the region.
- Assist in the integration of wetland interventions into Water Catchment Plans, Farm income and Forest Conservation and Forest and Land Scape Restoration projects in the region.
- Prepare individual monthly and quarterly reports and work plans, and individual appraisal forms.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Principal Wetland Officer-District Support.
- Wetlands in the region protected and management plans in the place and implemented
- Reports on the implementation of Wetlands related project in the regions of Uganda
- Wetlands management interventions integrated into Water Catchments and Forest Land Scape Restoration plans in the region.
- Reports on the status of the implementation of the wetlands v. Lists and profiles of hotspot wetlands for restoration and management planning.
- Wetland ecological monitoring reports.
- Wetlands compliance monitoring and enforcement reports
- Prepare wetland degradation evidence and submit to courts for prosecution of culprits
- Demarcation and Restoration reports x. Individual annual performance plan, work plan and report in place
- An honors Bachelors of Science Degree in Environmental Science, Botany, Chemistry, Zoology, Environmental Engineering and Technology or any other Natural Sciences.
- Knowledge of Environmental Laws, standards, Guidelines and GIS application is an added advantage.
- iAt least three years working experience in related environment management institutions.
How To Apply for Ministry of Water and Environment Jobs 2022
All applications should be accompanied with recent (3) passport size photographs and CVs detailing work experience, professional and educational qualifications.
Applicants must also include contact details (telephone and email) of three (3) referees and Applications should be addressed to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Water and Environment, Old Port bell Road, Luzira P.O Box 20026, Kampala and should be delivered to the Ministry Registry not later than 18th February 2022. For further details please refer to the website: www.mwe.go.ug
Deadline: 18th February 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.