Job Title: 2 Data Networks Engineers – Ministry of ICT Jobs 2022
Organization: Ministry of Information and Communication Technology
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Data Networks Engineer
Ministry of Information and Communication Technology Profile:
The Ministry of Information and Communications Technology and National Guidance was established in June 2006 with a mandate of providing strategic and technical leadership, overall coordination, support and advocacy on all matters of policy, laws, regulations and strategy for the ICT sector. It also ensures sustainable, efficient and effective development, harnessing and utilization of ICT in all spheres of life to enable the country to achieve its national development goals. The Ministry is headed by a Minister who is assisted by two Ministers of State. There are three Directorates namely; the Directorate of ICT Infrastructure and Investment,
Roles and Responsibilities
The incumbent will be responsible to the Senior Data Networks Engineer for performing the following duties:-
- Participating in monitoring the utilization and use of the Public ICT infrastructure by Ministries, Departments, Agencies and Local Governments;
- Participating in monitoring and evaluation of performance of the National Internet Exchange point;
- Participating in monitoring and evaluation of development of Data Networks on the Public Postal network;
- Participating in monitoring and evaluating operation of Public Data Centres;
- Participating in provision of technical support to Ministries, Departments, Agencies and Local Governments in implementation of legislations; policies, plans and strategies on data networks,
- Participating in generation of reports on Data Networks from Ministries, Departments, Agencies and Local Governments to support development of Policies, Standards and Guidelines;
- Participating in provision of technical support to Ministries, Departments, Agencies and Local Governments in implementation of new Data Network technologies;
- Participating in development of Data Network specification to support Ministries, Departments, Agencies and Local Governments in implementation of Institutional ICT Policies, standards and guidelines
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in either Electronic Engineering; or Electrical Engineering; or Telecommunications Engineering; or Communications Engineering from a recognized University / Institution.
- Age: Above 21 years
How To Apply for Ministry of ICT Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 24th January 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.