Job Title: 5 Information Technology Officers – Ministry of Health Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Ministry of Health
Duty Station: Gulu, Jinja, Kabale, Mbale and Mbarara, Uganda
Reports to: RRH Director
Ministry of Health Profile:
The Ministry of Health is a cabinet-level government ministry of Uganda. It is responsible for planning, delivering, and maintaining an efficient and effective healthcare delivery system, including preventive, curative, and rehabilitative services, in a humane, affordable, and sustainable manner.
About the Project:
The Ministry of Health (MOH) with support from the United States Agency for International Development Government (USAID) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to implement activities in line with its mandate in support of the public health response to HIVIAIDS and other health challenges. This pool of human resources are expected to compliment service delivery at selected regional referral hospitals and will be contracted by MOH on one (1) year renewable contracts subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance of the staff.
The incumbent will be responsible for the smooth running of computer systems and ensuring that users get maximum benefits from them; monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks of the organization, installing and configuring computer systems, website management, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solving technical and applications challenges.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensure existence of a current ICT policy that guides RRH facility operations and supported districts and establish long term needs for the information system to promote the increased proliferation and ambitious application of ICT within the Institution and advises management on the appropriate ICT strategies.
- Providing technical support and guidance on all matters of procurement, utilization and maintenance of ICT hardware and software to the Institution.
- Establishing and advising the Institution on technical installation, priorities, standards, procedures, management and telecom equipment and systems,
- Training staff in using ICT equipment and related software including use of electronic medical records and supporting teams coordinating continuing medial and professional development to deliver courses using ICT equipment such a video conferencing.
- In consultation with the MoH and facility M & E teams in generating a robust monitoring and evaluation system for ICT related work including providing data capturing tools and enforcing their use.
- Maintaining confidentiality, security and reliability of the information system as per ICT policy.
- Maintaining of all Institution computer hardware and software in accordance with the established National Standards.
- Reviewing, designing, implementing and maintaining sound Local Area Network and Wide Area Network systems for the Institution.
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Statistics majoring in Computing from a recognized institution.
- S/he must have at least three years’ experience in IT administration and support, knowledge of networking protocols.
- S/he must have ability to lead and train teams, excellent communication skills and strong troubleshooting skills, knowledge and proficient use of MS Office Suite.
- Ability to prioritize and plan workload to ensure compliance with deadlines and timeframes.
- Ability to provide base training on corporate software & hardware, troubleshoot and resolve software issues.
- Practical knowledge of computer operations and experience in supporting Microsoft operating systems and office applications, telecommunications equipment and other ICT hardware.
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of a networking IP environment.
How To Apply for Ministry of Health Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested candidates should submit written applications to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health, P. O. Box 7272, Kampala – Uganda Attention: Commissioner, Human Resource Management and deliver them to the reception desk in the main Tent in the Ministry compound on Plot 6, Lourdel Road, Nakasero between 8:00am and 3:00pm on working days. Candidates who wish to apply online should send their applications to [email protected]. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants MUST also attach copies of the following documents. Those applying online should ensure that their applications and requested documents below are attached as one PDF submission.
Closing Date: 10th September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.