Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Database Administrator – Metropol Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Metropol Uganda Limited
Job Location: Kampala
Metropol Uganda Limited Profile:
Metropol CRB provides services to all credit providers in Uganda including financial institutions, trade credit providers, utility companies, insurance companies and many more.
To manage the performance, security and integrity of Metropol’s database infrastructure. You will be instrumental in the planning and enhancement of the database environment for both the present and the future.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Monitor performance and manage parameters in order to provide fast response
• Use automated tools effectively to interpret the state of databases and extract
areas of improvement.
• Take charge of writing and optimizing in-application database statements.
• Write and optimize queries to retrieve data from MongoDB.
• Implement a strategy for speedy data retrieval that combines relational and NoSQL datastores.
• Map out the conceptual design for a planned database, considering both
backend organization of data and front-end accessibility for clients.
• Refine the physical design to meet storage system requirements.
• Carry out capacity planning for the database.
• Implement a data warehousing strategy
• Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
• Generate daily, weekly and monthly reports as discussed with your Supervisor.
• Communicate regularly with technical and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
• Control access permissions and privileges on production databases.
• Maintain the data recovery aspects of a database.
• Refine the logical design of the databases so that it can be translated into a specific data model.
• Maintain data standards, including adherence to any data protection legislation.
• Capable of configuring popular relational database systems and orchestrating clusters as necessary.
• Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
• Familiar with tools that aid with profiling server resource usage and optimizing it.
• Proficient in using Git.
• Proven two years of experience working with NoSQL datastores (MongoDB preferred)
• Proven four years of experience working with PostgreSQL.
• Skilled at optimizing large complicated SQL statements.
• Knowledge of best practices when dealing with relational and NoSQL databases.
• Proven ability to work under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
• Flexible and mature approach with the ability to work unsupervised
Education, Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Certification in any relational database system.
• Training in Mongo DB is an added advantage.
• Ability to write code in any contemporary language is an added advantage.
Key Performance Indicators
• Data protection measures taken, successfully tested.
• Data retrieval performance measurable improvement.
• Turnaround of business requests within Metropol IT SLA.
• Any other as discussed with your Supervisor.
All interested and suitably qualified candidates can submit their applications via email to: [email protected]
Deadline: 30th April 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.