Job Title: Program Assistant
Organization: Mercy Corps Uganda
Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs: The Program Assistant will support implementation market system development activities in Rhino camp in Arua District and will give support to the implementation of activities in an innovation Centre in Rhino camp. Specific activities will include strengthening relationships with existing community structures, sensitization of farmer groups, organize and monitor farmer trainings, monitor partners’ activities at the innovation Centre, work planning, assist in creating activity reports, after-action-reviews and any other activity as needed. S/he will be a creative, action-oriented problem solver with strong experience in partnership management.
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In a disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions
into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future.
- In coordination with Project Manager and Officers, organize and support inception and sensitization meetings
- Mobilize community members, taking care to identify those who fit the pre-established vulnerability criteria, for registration and other activities.
- Support community sensitization activities around farm training and e-voucher distribution in Rhino camp settlement.
- Identify specific topic areas of information needed and develop clear communications plans to effectively disseminate information.
- Registration and profiling of interested program participants.
- Support in the identification, selection and capacity assessment of potential agro-dealers
- Support development of platform to distribute e-vouchers and its implementation in the field.
- Support and monitor farmers
- Build relationship with implementing partners and control and monitor their activities in coordination with innovation facilitator and program officer at the innovation Centre.
- Documentation, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Under guidance of Program Manager, Officer and M&E Officer, participate in any market assessment and baseline/end line data gathering needs.
- Support the development of beneficiary registration tool.
- Support data collection activities including post-distribution monitoring and after action reviews for key activities. Continuous improvement of activities will be expected based on this information.
- Prepare and submit timely weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports that will be indicative of program progress during implementation. Respond to queries if and when necessary.
- Maintain proper filing system with activity reports, attendance lists and pictures
Required Knowledge, Education, Skills, and Abilities
- The ideal candidate for the Mercy Corps Program Assistant job should hold a Diploma in Social Sciences, Agriculture, Market Development, Economics or closely related field. A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field is preferred.
- Background in humanitarian response and sub grant management preferred.
- Strong community mobilization skills a must.
- Good writing, communication, organization, prioritization and negotiating skills.
- Good (English) verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy with a full knowledge of office applications.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Excellent teamwork abilities and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility, creativity and enthusiasm as well as a willingness to learn and to be continually adaptive within a dynamic and often self-directed working environment mandatory.
- Proactive, problem-solving action orientation is essential.
- Able to drive a motorbike safely, valid license.
- Able to speak a local language is preferable
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their E-mail applications including a cover letter clearly stating the salary requirements, updated CV (with three professional referees), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates addressed to the Human Resource Director, Mercy Corps Uganda to: [email protected]. Applications can also be hand delivered to Mercy Corps Yumbe Field Office located on Plot 1, Diku Village, Chinia Village.
Deadline: 31st January 2019