Job Title: Sub-award Finance Officer (Climate Program) – Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Mercy Corps Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Mercy Corps Uganda Profile
Mercy Corps is an international non-profit organization which implements high-quality, analytical development programmes in very difficult places. Mercy Corps has been operating in Uganda since 2006. It has and continues to implement programs in Acholi and Karamoja sub regions. Mercy Corps is taking a community-led, market driven approach to address poverty and food insecurity needs through interventions that get to the root causes and contributing factors of economic vulnerability.
Working in the Finance Department under the direct supervision of Sub-award Finance Coordinator, the Sub-award Finance Officer is responsible for sub grants management, monitoring and reporting and compliance with donor regulations and Mercy Corps regulations. He/she is also responsible for tracking sub grants and sub grantee requirements and for maintaining all sub grants and contracts financial files.
Roles and Responsibilities for Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2022:
- Conduct sub grants pre-award assessments and recommends for substantial involvements and compliance requirements and modifications to the sub grant agreement and/or monitoring plan to lessen financial and compliance risks.
- Follow up, collect and review sub grantees financial reports and fund requests, keep up-to-date records and report all sub grantees financial status. Review sub grantees financial reports for correctness, completeness, timeliness and compliance.
- Perform sub grantee monitoring visit for financial and programmatic deliverables review or audit and report findings with recommendation to the supervisor communicate agreed upon findings to the sub grantees and follow up its implementation.
- Handle sub grants close-outs ensuring that all requirements of the sub grant agreement have been met and that sub grant funds have been properly settled.
- Follow up all grant compliance issues and document all required information.
- Create a sub award card navigator and update all milestones and expenditure in navigator.
- Closely monitor sub grants to ensure that sub grantees are not overspent.
- Maintain sub grantees tracker and update monthly. Share the updated tracker and list.
- Maintain sub grant files and ensure they are well labeled, fully updated with all contracts, submitted reports, governing clauses and all other relevant documents.
- Any other tasks to be assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications for Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2022
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Required.
- Two years of experience in Grants, Subawards and Financial management and accounting and two years of supervisory experience.
- Strong management Skills, Technical & Supervisory Skills and experience required.
- Strong accounting skills and experience, including management of the general ledger, journal entries, payroll, payables and balance sheet.
- Strong knowledge of, and experience in donor regulations, and management of sub grants required.
- Adequate understanding of donor rules and regulations is required.
- International NGO/PVO experience required.
- Demonstrated experience and skill with financial reports preparation and presentation and proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel and accounting software experience.
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Willing to travel regularly to Mercy Corps and sub grantees field offices and project sites approximately 50%
How To Apply for Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 15th June 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.