Job Title: Finance Officer – Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Mercy Corps Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Mercy Corps Uganda Profile
Mercy Corps is an international non-profit organization which implements high-quality, analytical development programmes in very difficult places. Mercy Corps has been operating in Uganda since 2006. It has and continues to implement programs in Acholi and Karamoja sub regions. Mercy Corps is taking a community-led, market driven approach to address poverty and food insecurity needs through interventions that get to the root causes and contributing factors of economic vulnerability.
Working in the Finance Department under the direct supervision of Senior Finance Officer, the Finance Officer is responsible for financial reviews, reporting, resource management, coordinating with others, compliance with donor and MC internal policies and timely submission of quality reports as required by supervisor.
Roles and Responsibilities for Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2022:
- Perform financial Review of TAs, Expense reports, cash payments and simple service contracts for all the field based grants and ensure they are accurately coded and meet donor and MC standards
- Coordinate the monthly and annual reporting process operations in relation to the package that should be sent to HQ by the 10th of the following month for that field office.
- Perform financial analysis and provide management information reports to program managers as required.
- Review/Analyze all timesheets and ensure they are complete, charged to current grants and that they are all captured correctly and sent to Kampala by end of every month.
- Supervise the Finance Assistants and support them to ensure they are able to deliver on their responsibilities.
- Coordination with Operations to track all outstanding invoices and ensure they are paid on time.
- Ensure/match invoices/receipts, completion reports with GRN and other required documents for processing of contracts and payments in accordance with donor and MC regulations.
- Coordinate and prepare weekly and monthly cash requirement for supported field offices, submit and make sure sufficient cash is available in all offices and monitor its use. Make sure also there is no excess cash.
- Timely Coordinate, receive and prepare consolidated monthly cash projections from Program Managers, working closely with the Senior Finance Officer and the Finance Manager.
- Provide on-going orientation, training and support to MC staff on Mercy Corps and respective donor’s rules and regulations in the field office.
- Make Program field visits as may be required by the program.
- Perform Field Bank Reconciliations and cash counts accurately and timely at every end of month i.e cash counts, weekly and at month end and end month bank reconciliations by the 7th of the following month as per the MCU SFFM.
- Make sure all income taxes, withholding taxes, VAT are accurately computed and make compilations for monthly statutory deductions and send schedules by the by end of month (NSSF, WHT, VAT Withholding, PAYE, LST, Temporary Hire schedules etc)
- Any other tasks to be assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications for Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2022
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Three years of experience in Grants, Financial Management and Accounting.
- Adequate understanding of Donor Rules and Regulations is required.
- At least two years of international NGO/PVO experience is preferred.
- Strong accounting skills and experience, including management of the general ledger, journal entries, payroll, payables and balance sheet.
- Demonstrated experience and skill with financial reports preparation and presentation and proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel and accounting software experience.
- Prior management experience and strong organizational skills preferred.
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Willing to travel regularly to Mercy Corps and sub grantees field offices and project sites approximately 25%.
How To Apply for Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 10th June 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.