Job Title: Community Engagement Assistant – Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Mercy Corps Uganda
Mercy Corps Uganda Profile:
Mercy Corps is looking for a proactive, innovative, community-engaged, organized, trustworthy and creative candidate to fill the position of Innovation Centre Community Engagement Assistants Reporting to the Project Manager, the Innovation Centre Community Engagement Assistant will work to ensure active engagement of the community members (women, men and youth)with the innovation centre and support the management and marketing of the Innovation centres as a social centre for Refugees and Host Communities.
S/he will be a creative, action-oriented problem solver with strong experience in community engagement. Specific activities will include ensuring the Centre becomes a vibrant, social hub that is responding to the needs of diverse local community members (women, men, youth, elderly etc.). This will be done by organisation of activities in the centres that respond to local needs, strengthening relationships with existing community structures, sensitization of community groups, and marketing of the services at the innovation centre. The Innovation Centre Community Engagement Assistant will also assist in registering and profiling users of the innovation centres, maintaining safety of the materials at the innovation centres, developing revenue streams for the innovation centres in collaboration with the project manager and any other activity as needed.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Engagement with different user groups (women, men, youth, elderly) to establish activities within the centres that cater for their needs.
- In coordination with Project Manager and Program Assistant, oversee the day to day running of the innovation centres.
- Management of planning in the innovation centre
- Mobilize community members to actively access the services at the innovation centres such as the internet (Wi-Fi), games and sports and social events, machines etc.
- Work closely with the partner organizations and other stakeholders like UNHCR, OPM and the District Local Government to market the services and opportunities at the innovation centres.
- Support community sensitization activities about the different skills training and employment events that are organized in and around the Innovation Centres.
- Registration and profiling of community members accessing the different services at the innovation centres.
- Build relationships with implementing partners in the settlement and market the services available at the innovation centres such as hall hire, internet services, spaces for hire etc.
- Ensure that facilities at the innovation centres (Halls, furniture, internet, machines, internet cafes, generators, solar, etc. are kept safe and in good working condition and maintained and services as required.
- Make daily field visits to settlements to ensure good implementation of activities as well as partners’ activities.
- proactive troubleshooting, resolving issues in the centres in coordination with PM / PA
- At least a diploma in social sciences, business administration or any relevant field of study.
- Strong community mobilization skills a must.
- Demonstrated flexibility, creativity and enthusiasm as well as a willingness to learn and to be continually adaptive within a dynamic and often self-directed working environment mandatory.
- Proactive, problem-solving action orientation is essential.
- Able and willing to drive a motorbike safely on a daily basis (Having a valid license is required).
- Speaking a local language is preferable: e.g. Lugbara, Kakwa, Arabic etc.
- Good writing, communication, organization, prioritization skills. Good (English) verbal and written communication skills preferred.
- Computer literacy with a full knowledge of office applications.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Excellent teamwork abilities and interpersonal skills.
How To Apply for the Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualiﬁed and interested candidates who meet the requirements should submit your application, detailed CV online via the link below:
Apply Here Now:
Deadline: 21st February 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.