Job Title: 2 No Experience IT Trainees – Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Mercy Corps Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala and Moroto
Mercy Corps Uganda Profile
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In conflict, in disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
The IT Trainee will be assisting the IT Officer in day to day running of the organization’s IT department to ensure that work moves on well for the rest of the MC Teams.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Systems Administration Services
- Configuration of workstations and other network devices e.g., printers
- User administration on network systems
- Installation and configuration of new or updated application software
- Provide day to day, onsite helpdesk support to network and computer users
- Identify trouble spots ensuring any problems are mitigated to minimize interruptions in daily operations
- Liaise directly with Internet Service providers to troubleshoot connectivity issues as needed
- Troubleshoot and undertake 1st level repair of hardware, operating systems and applications before escalation to either hardware/software vendors
- Updating trackers for the IT Department e.g.: Invoice tracker, Repair Tracker, Operations Support Tracker.
- Making sure that issues reported and resolved are closed on the tracker
- Proactively identify and determine emerging IT needs to improve operations
- Servicing of software resources
- Conduct periodic maintenance
- Servicing of IT equipment including Laptops, printers, racks and Desktops to ensure they are clean and in good working condition.
- Work on payments for vendors to ensure that they are paid on time.
- Communicate with Service providers to ensure that MC gets the right services.
The applicants for the Mercy Corps job placement should hold relevant qualifications
How To Apply for Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 30th April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.