Job Title: Program Officer – Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Mercy Corps Uganda
Duty Station: Kaabong
The primary focus of the Program Officer will be to support the community level team in adapting and scaling integrated activities in respective Districts in collaboration with local government and private sector structures. The Program Officer will be responsible for oversight of quality activities in the assigned District, supervising the Program Assistants. The Program Officer will ensure the day to day implementation of the diverse Apolou i.e. Governance, WASH, MCHN, Livelihoods, gender and SBCC
in consultation with the District Team Leader, and working closely with the Technical Team. He/she will provide technical and operational support to the Program Assistants ensuring that activities are implemented according to scope and timeline.
The Program Officer will directly respond to the needs of communities through the integrated set of activities under Apolou. The Program Officer will both supervise a team of Program Assistants, and themselves mobilize the different groups / platforms within their community, and determine the capacity building needs of the group leaders, together with mobilizing the surrounding government and private sector systemic structures and similarly identify capacity building needs of these structures.
Roles and Responsibilities:
● Provide leadership and daily oversight for planning and implementation of Apolou Activities
including; mentorship, support supervision and managerial support to program assistants in the
● Support the District Implementation Team Leader in the development of activity plans, budgeting
and reporting format for the implementing team.
● Support the District Implementation Team Leader in advocacy and maintenance of partnership with
the relevant departments of the Local Government at Sub County and District level.
● Support the District Implementation Team Leader in the design, implementation, monitoring and
evaluation of the program activities, in accordance with Mercy Corps Apolou objectives.
● Contribute to the development of training curriculum, project tools, and IEC materials; facilitate
nutrition-related training for community-level staff as well as support with staff capacity building
● Supervise the activities and performance of Program Assistants; conduct routine team meetings,
adhere to performance reviews timelines, troubleshoot challenges and standardize implementation
● Identify and document best practices and failures in Apolou Activity programming and provide
timely feedback to the District Implementation Team Leader.
● Collaborate with the MEL team
● Ensure timely and consistent submission of project reports, success stories and other relevant data
to the District Implementation Team Leader (i.e. weekly, monthly and quarterly reports)
● Provide oversight to the program assistants in regards to adhering to procurement, finance and
security policy and procedures, ensuring proper documentation of processes.
● Work closely with the implementation and technical overall teams to coordinate day to day
operations and logistics to maximize the use of resources and ensure complementary programming.
● Provide oversight training to governance structures under the different thematic areas e.g. RACs,
LEGs, FEGs, Silk Agents, Natural Leaders, VHTs, lead mothers and ultimately, neighbour women to
mitigate losses in the cascade of information and ensure quality control through clear
● A Diploma or Degree in a related field
● At least 3 years of related professional experience.
● Demonstrated skills in data collection, verification and documentation
● Proven skills in networking, team-building, community consultations and organizational
● Excellent reporting, communication and representation skills
● Willingness to consider new perspectives, promote gender equality and engage in advanced
● Ability to ride a motorcycle and he/she should be in possession of a valid driving/riding license.
● Proven knowledge and capacity in using computer basic applications MS word, Excel and
● In-depth knowledge of the social, cultural and economic context of Karamoja a plus.
● Fluency in local languages prevalent within the operational district where assigned (highly
How To Apply for Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their application/cover letter accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae through the link below:
Deadline: September 9th 2020.