Job Title: Data Clerk – Medical Teams International Jobs 2021
Organization: Medical Teams International
Location: Adjumani, Uganda
Medical Teams International Profile:
Medical Teams International is a faith-based not for profit health relief and development organization with a Calling “Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world”. MTI-UG has operations in West Nile, Mid-Western and South western Uganda. We provide Comprehensive Primary Health Care, Reproductive Health, HIV/AIDS and Nutrition to people of concern and the local communities.
Responsible for capturing reliable and up to date patient data, cleaning data and preparing basic reports to inform decision making at the health facility level.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist medical staff by capturing patient information in paper files and enter data in HIS/HMIS electronic and manual registers on a daily basis
- Responsible for cleaning data in the database to ensure quality, up to date and reliable information
- Generate weekly and month data reports in accordance with reporting standards
- Oversee the storage of data hard copies to ensure strict confidentiality in line with MTI policy
- Mentor health facility staff in data management best practices
- Perform basic data analysis and make presentations to health facility staff on recent performance trends, organize CMEs with health facility staff to analyze and interpret medical data
- Assist the Biostatistician in conducting assessments to measure quality of service provision
- Other duties as assigned
- Diploma in Statistics, Social Sciences, Information Technology or related field is required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in data capture is required
- Experience working in a health setting and with HIS/HMIS is an added advantage
- Experience working with international NGOs is an added advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of data management best practices
- Basic knowledge of health data analysis
- Skilled in using HIS/HMIS databases and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Skilled in generating basic reports and basic data visualization
- Skilled in training and capacity building
- Analytical with strong attention to detail
- Ability to act with integrity and maintain the highest ethical standards
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
This position requires work at health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
How To Apply for Medical Teams International Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.