Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Fresher Web Editor – Media Council of Uganda Jobs 201
Organization: Media Council of Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Secretary, Media Council of Uganda
Condition of employment: Three-year contract renewable on successful accountabilities.
Media Council of Uganda Profile:
The Media Council of Uganda was established under Section 8 of the Press and Journalist Act, Cap 105 to:
• regulate the conduct and promote good ethical standards and discipline of journalists;
• arbitrate disputes between
• the public and the media; and
• the State and the media;
• exercise disciplinary control over journalists, editors and publishers;
• promote, generally, the flow of information;
• censor films, videotapes, plays and other related apparatuses tor public consumption; and
• exercise any function that may be authorised or required by any law.
To support the Secretary in planning creative content generation, editing, proofreading and publishing on the Council website and other online resources to increase traffic, showcase quality content, and make the experience excellent tor the website and social media visitors.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Originate and present new content in an interesting and appealing manner.
• Source images and artwork, and commission
• Perform daily posting on the Council website and social media workspace/pages/handles with latest updates to provide sustainability and a good user experience to all online visitors.
• Proofread and edit content and obtain approval from the Secretary tor online publication in a creative way.
• Monitor the website’s and social media traffic to measure and improve their popularity.
• Liaise with clients and in-house team members to decide on new posts.
• Maintain the website and ensure the accuracy of the content.
• Analyse and recommend interesting topics to publish online and in line with the Council‘s established procedures.
• Collaborate with professionals (e.g. web designers, marketing executives and photographers} tor layout (images, graphics, videos and artwork) to improve information and article presentation.
• Keep track of developments in web technology and apply them to the Council website.
• Any other duty assigned from time to time.
Education and Training
• Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, Journalism or Media Studies from a recognized institution. A certificate in Journalists’ Law from a recognized institution is an added advantage.
• Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills in English with a demonstrable portfolio of online published work
• In-depth knowledge and use of Social Media
• Familiarity with content management systems
• Attention to detail
• Creative thinker and problem solver
• Ethics, Integrity and Conﬁdentiality
• Good organizational and time-management skills
• Great interpersonal and communication skills
• Working as part of a team
Hands-on and proven work experience as a web editor with MS Office, InDesign, Photoshop and other publishing tools in a reputable organization for at least two years. Experience with print media and working with websites is desirable.
How To Apply for Media Council of Uganda Jobs
Interested candidates that meet the above requirements and with the right attitude should submit soft copies of their applications, supported by a detailed CV and certified copies of academic and professional documents to:
The Secretary, Media Council of Uganda,
Applications will be received not later than two weeks from the date of this advert. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of soliciting, canvassing, influence peddling and/ or any other backdoor attempt oi whatsoever nature to influence the selection process will automatically lead to disqualification of a candidate without any recourse.
Closing Date: 24th March 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.