Job Title: Project Accounting Administrator – McDermott Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: McDermott Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
McDermott Uganda Profile
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. Our customers trust our technology-driven approach to design and build infrastructure solutions to responsibly transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today. From concept to commissioning, our expertise and comprehensive solutions deliver certainty, innovation and added value to energy projects around the world.
The accountant is responsible for the proper recording of all bank transactions, timely reconciliation of McDermott Uganda bank accounts, preparation and reporting to corporate, weekly cash reports, and three-monthly rolling cash forecasts.
Also responsible for the preparation and booking of AR invoices and following up with third party and internal customers to ensure invoices are paid and any issues are resolved in a timely manner. Also assists with general accounting duties as required by the team
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Proper execution and recording of all banking transactions.
- Maintenance of the spreadsheet based cashbooks for all major bank accounts.
- Ledger entry of all bank account transactions and maintenance of all proper audit trails.
- Daily reconciliation of all McDermott Uganda bank accounts.
- Weekly and monthly cash reporting to McDermott Corporate Treasury.
- Liaison with the banks, including following up bank queries.
- Preparation of monthly, three quarter rolling cash forecasts.
- Preparing cash flows for up loading into HFM.
- Completion of all McDermott quarterly and annual analysis schedules associated with banking and cash management.
- Ensuring compliance with the McDermott’s Sarbanes Oxley control policies and procedures as applied to this area of responsibility.
- Prepare Balance sheet reconciliations for cash, bank and Lealand funding and ensure in compliance with internal controls.
- Liaise with Projects over invoicing and ensure the company is compliant.
- Recording AR invoices on a timely basis and liaising with projects to ensure timely payment.
- Preparation of intercompany invoices and resolution of any queries, ensuring correct coding in JDE.
- Review AR report monthly and report any exceptions.
- AR reporting at Month end to Corporate and internal Management.
- Assist with general accounting duties as specified by the Finance Manager including posting of Journals and reconciliations of JDE GL accounts
Minimum Qualifications for McDermott Uganda Jobs 2022
- Degree – Accounting/Finance
- Working towards professional Accountancy Membership CPA,CA,ACCA or equivalent would be ideal but not required
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Minimum 3+ years post qualification Accounting experience
- Experience and exposure to accounting process, Bank reconciliations, AR, AP , GL desirable.
- Experience working with JDE an advantage but not required
- Hyperion experience an advantage but not required
- Microsoft Office fluent
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Ability to meet deadlines
Company Overview and Core Values:
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
At McDermott, we hold all employees accountable to follow our 5 core values.
- Integrity – we maintain a firm adherence to legal and ethical conduct
- One Team – we are one company, where everyone is equally important
- Go Beyond – we seek courageous and creative solutions
- Well-Being – we promote all forms of well-being
- Commitment – we are reliable and dependable in delivering quality solutions
How To Apply for McDermott Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to join our Telegram Channel using the Link: https://t.me/fresherjobsug