Job Title: System Admin Server and Storage – McDermott Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: McDermott Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
McDermott Uganda Profile
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. Our customers trust our technology-driven approach to design and build infrastructure solutions to responsibly transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today. From concept to commissioning, our expertise and comprehensive solutions deliver certainty, innovation and added value to energy projects around the world.
The System Admin Server & Storage role is responsible for the operational management of all day to day Information Technology Server based Systems, Applications & Services for the project site and related sites. Responsible for managing IT service requests, IT equipment maintenance, based on the needs of the project.
Will act as a backup for the Site IT Lead or Project IT Manager in their absence and will therefore have some responsibility for coordinating the project IT site technical team’s activities, IT supplies, forecasting equipment and keeping the project aligned with the IT Execution Plan. Communicates with Project IT Manager, Project and Construction Management Team, corporate IT, area IT, end users, JV partners and vendors. Participates in the PMT site meetings and emergency planning. Works closely with Corporate IT and the business in determining how technology might assist in addressing their needs and requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possibly intrusions
- Responsible for system administration and backup operations
- Apply OS and firmware patches and upgrades subject to approval from Corporate functions
- Upgrade and Configure infrastructure systems and software as needed
- Maintain server room and colocation facilities environmental and monitoring equipment
- Confer with Project IT Manager and project staff to outline work plan
- Implement installation of the site infrastructure and site services
- Enforce Safety culture for the IT technical team
- Mentor junior staff in skill advancement and fill in knowledge gaps of your specialty
- Provide status reports to Project IT Manager and project personnel
- Prepare project reports for management, client, or others
- Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems
- Coordinate and respond to requests for changes from original specifications
- Work closely with the end users and others to understand and prioritize needs
- Assist the effort in creative approaches to problem solving and quality deliverables supporting business needs
- Ensure IT operations at McDermott Business Project sites are delivered successfully and are in line with McDermott’s IT standards, processes and procedures
- Manage relationship with internal and external customers
- Actively update and monitor site incidents
- Actively update and monitor site and transferred assets
- Actively update and monitor site and transferred users
- New user onboarding and documentation
- Ensure the project IT operates per MDR unifi standards for adherence to the IT Execution Plan, IT Project schedules, budget, change log, risk register and procurement logs.
- Project site IT infrastructure implementation and stability
- Update Project documentation and communications
- Ensure System changes are documented and updated in EDMS
- Log Lessons Learned and solutions
- Ensure IT industry standards are followed
- Maintain and instill ITIL procedures and processes into daily work schedules
- Prepare CAB submittals for project changes
- Keep technical team aware of housekeeping issues
- Secure all approvals for project needs to fulfill requirements
- Assist the Project IT Manager as needed
- PMT special assignments
- Project IT special assignments
- Work with Asset Coordinator to conduct site asset spot audits
- Assist with site asset inventory catch-up
- Participate in weekend/holiday on-site user support
- Setup end user stations and test system
- Assist in project site demobilization as required
- Ensure all IT work areas, distribution closets, equipment rooms, equipment cabinets, site data center, etc. are secured and locked when not occupied by IT personnel
- Ensure all IT work areas, distribution closets, equipment rooms, equipment cabinets, site data center, etc. are kept organized, clean and safe
- Ensure that the National Content Plan is followed by all parties (McDermott and Subcontractors).
- Managing the training and advancement of local employees and ensuring that knowledge of the company’s policies and procedures are included.
Minimum Qualifications for McDermott Uganda Jobs 2021
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- Recognized professional qualifications: ITIL Certification(s), VMWare Certification(s), Microsoft Certification(s) Windows Server OS & Active Directory knowledge at a high level
- The ideal candidate will have strong IT experience within the Energy Engineering, Procurement and Construction business
- Demonstrated experience delivering IT to and supporting remote locations globally
- Knowledge of standard enterprise IT Infrastructure systems and Cybersecurity
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all management levels
- May be required to travel internationally
- Will spend extended periods of time at the project site
How To Apply for McDermott Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.