Job Title: Buyer – McDermott Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: McDermott Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
McDermott Uganda Profile
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
The Buyer will identify, solicit and select reliable sources of supply of materials, equipment and services to support project execution. Requirements within budget and on schedule. This position will be based in the business unit headquartered in Kampala, Uganda.
Successful candidates must have 10 or more years of relevant experience and recognized expertise in large international onshore/offshore oil and gas projects with at least 5 years of supervisory experience. The working environment is multicultural and demands considerable experience in the project process working with International Clients and Contractors. Strong communication skills, fluent spoken and written English.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare purchase orders, control prices and quality and ensure delivery of Materials and Equipment to meet objectives.
- Provide agreed approvals and supporting documentation for payment of invoices.
- Comply with Company and Project purchasing policies and procedures and act within limits of delegated authority.
- Work with engineering, planning, project controls, construction, HSE and quality to ensure specifications of Materials and Equipment is provided on-time.
- Identify, develop and propose sources, solicit Suppliers, receive quotations and bids. Undertake negotiation of orders, follow-up, schedule and expedite deliveries.
- Ensure Supplier documentation, including insurance guarantees, etc. are received in accordance with purchase order and safely stored.
- Ensure supplier documentation, including engineering, calculations, drawings, schedules and instructions/manuals are received and distributed.
- Liaise with quality, logistics and material management at Supplier and Client offices as necessary to ensure timely delivery of required goods.
- Secure and process necessary documentation to support the approval of Supplier invoices as required by purchase order.
- The ideal candidate for the McDermott job should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business or Supply Chain Management. Desirable.
- Broad knowledge of the procurement process with a minimum of 6 years procurement experience
- Has working knowledge of purchasing procedures and practices, materials, products and the commodity market in area of specialization.
- Skilled in preparing and analyzing complex technical specifications and bids.
- SmartPlant Materials or Materials Management System experience is desired. Must be able to learn the use of MMS or other related ERP system.
- Well-organized and able to work on multiple critical issues simultaneously.
- Highly analytical and capable of soft-mapping processes to determine areas for improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to quickly learn complex software and teach others.
- Works well with others and understands the value of teamwork.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Intrinsically motivated to succeed and has a high desire for achievement.
- Energetic and highly reliable.
How To Apply for McDermott Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.