Job Title: Finance Officer – Marie Stopes Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Marie Stopes Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Financial Accountant
Marie Stopes Uganda Profile
Marie Stopes Uganda is an NGO registered in Uganda. We are affiliated to Marie Stopes International. Together we deliver post abortion care, quality sexual and reproductive health care and family planning to millions of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable women. We want to make sure that women have a choice when it comes to having children and that death by unsafe abortion is reduced.
Reporting to the Financial Accountant, the position holder supports the finance team dedicated to the effective and appropriate financial management of the organisation. The finance officer is responsible for ensuring that front end is properly managed, and finance team is supported in terms of information provision at their end. The role will have a critical obligation to work closely with the team to process and post payments on time ensuring that all financial documentation is prepared correctly and filled properly.
Roles and Responsibilities of Marie Stopes Uganda Jobs 2022
- Ensure that all documents i.e., accountabilities, statutory payments, mobile money accountabilities etc., have complete paperwork as required by internal policies and donors’ requirements.
- Post transactions into SUN accounting system; these all shall include staff payments, vendor invoices and payments, staff accountabilities, mobile money payments and accountabilities, VSP payments, Beyonic transfers, E-voucher posting and statutory payments.
- Review the monthly payroll and prepare a reconciliation for the month on month changes for approval by the Senior Finance Manager.
- Monitoring of membership fees collection, payment/banking and posting to SUN.
- Prepare and file the monthly statutory returns i.e., NSSF, PAYE and WHT
- Initiate and prepare payments for monthly statutory payments i.e., NSSF, PAYE and WHT
Staff Advances and Accountabilities
- Prepare, reconcile, and disseminate the staff advances report on a weekly basis.
- Reconcile any issues raised by staff members and address these within a week of receiving such issues.
- VT, CBD database management in Beyonic mobile money system. Ensuring that supporting documentation is available.
- Prepare month-end account reconciliations for the following accounts; NSSF, URA mobile money accounts.
- Reconcile any other accounts and transactions as may be requested by the Finance Manager.
Roles Relating to the Hospital
- Liaise with the hospital accounts team to ensure proper financial records relating to the hospital are kept.
- Ensure that cash and stock management at the hospital adheres to MSI policies.
- All transactions posted are correctly coded, approved and in line with relevant policies.
- All transactions processed and Accountabilities received are posted during the week.
- Payroll reconciliation signed and approved before payroll payment.
- Statutory returns filled before 15th of the subsequent month.
- Monthly taxes and NSSF paid before the 15th of the subsequent month.
- Staff advances report disseminated on a weekly basis.
- Issues raised by staff members are resolved in a timely manner.
- Well maintained financial records
- Stock taking done as per the set timelines
Minimum Qualifications for Marie Stopes Uganda Jobs 2022
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- A Bachelor of Accounting degree or equivalent is essential.
- Membership Affiliation or enrolled student of a professional accountancy programme for example ACCA, CPA desired
- At least 2 years’ experience at the level of finance officer in busy environment or an auditor in a reputable audit firm
- Knowledge of internal controls, systems and procedures
- Experience using computerised accounting systems for example SUN, Tally, QuickBooks etc
- Working knowledge of IFRS and or GAAP
- Excellent analytical skills
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Cross-functional team player
Successful performance at MSI is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others. We encourage and expect all team members will demonstrate the following behaviours:
- Initiative: Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
- Innovative: Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
- Effective Communication: Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Responsive: Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
- Working Efficiently: Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
- Sharing Information: Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining the confidentiality
- Focus on Learning: Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further.
- Commitment: Awareness and understanding of goals, vision, and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
- Driven: Drive and determination to deliver results
- Accountable: Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
- Embracing Change: Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
- Motivated: Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
- Team Player: Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible, and showing respect for each other
How To Apply for Marie Stopes Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 24th March 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.