Job Title: Data Officer – Marie Stopes Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Marie Stopes Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Marie Stopes Uganda Profile
Marie Stopes Uganda (MSU) is a marketing-focused, results-oriented social business that uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide family planning and reproductive healthcare across every district of Uganda. For over 20 years, Marie Stopes Uganda (MSU) has been working to provide voluntary family planning (FP) services to thousands of men and women across the country. MSU is the largest, most specialized private FP and reproductive health (RH) organization working in every district of Uganda with approximately 30% of modern contraceptive market share.
Under the supervision of the Data Manager, the Data officer will assist in providing support to mobile application-based information system users. He/she will ensure consistency and integrity of data; oversee the collection and reporting of information under the project. He/She will be responsible for training VHT’s and Health workers on mobile application and devices use.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end
- Create ad-hoc and standard reports as required
- Conduct routine data quality assessments on program databases
- Build the capacity of project and partner staff in Data Management
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of Family Planning is an added advantage
- Ability to work in deadline-driven/results-orientated atmospheres
- Excellent oral and writing abilities.
- Good team player.
- Good planner
Qualifications and Training (essential/ desirable)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Systems Management, IT or related field.
- At least two (2) years of relevant work experience in data management.
- Mobile application systems working experience is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in data management and analytic software preferably MS Excel.
Successful performance at MSI is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others. We encourage and expect all team members will demonstrate the following behaviours:
- Initiative: Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
- Innovative: Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
- Effective Communication: Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Responsive: eing responsive to changing priorities and demands
- Working Efficiently: Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
- Sharing Information: Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
- Focus on Learning: • Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
- Commitment: Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
- Driven: Drive and determination to deliver results
- Accountable: Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
- Embracing Change: Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
- Motivated: Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
- Team Player: Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
MSI Behaviours and Values
Team Member Behaviours
Work as One MSI
- You contribute, use, and share accurate data and evidence to improve understanding, insight and decision-making across MSI, enabling us to maximise our ability to influence others.
- You share relevant knowledge, expertise and resources to strengthen teamwork and prevent duplication of effort.
- You actively work as part of a team, providing support and flexibility to colleagues, demonstrating fairness, understanding and respect for all people and cultures.
Show courage, authenticity and integrity
- You hold yourself accountable for the decisions you make and the behaviours you demonstrate.
- You are courageous in challenging others and taking appropriate managed risks.
Develop and grow
- You seek feedback to enable greater self-awareness and provide the same to others in a way which inspires them to be even more effective.
- You manage your career development including keeping your knowledge and skills up to date.
Deliver excellence, always
- You strive to consistently meet and exceed expectations, putting clients at the centre of everything, and implement smarter, more efficient ways of performing your role.
- You build and maintain effective long-term working relationships with all stakeholders, and are a true MSI ambassador.
Leadership (For Leaders only)
- You inspire individuals and teams, through situational leadership, providing clear direction.
- You seek and provide opportunities which motivate team members, helping to develop skills and potential whilst strengthening our talent and succession pipeline.
- You are aware of emerging developments in our sector, demonstrating strategic insight about our clients and business and encourage this in your team.
- You articulate a vision of the future which inspires and excites others.
- Mission driven: With unwavering commitment, we exist to empower women and men to have children by choice not chance.
- Client centred: We are passionate about our clients and dedicate our efforts to delivering agreed objectives to the highest possible quality.
- Accountable: We are accountable for our actions and take responsibility for everything we do to ensure long term sustainability and increased impact.
- Courageous: We recruit and nurture talented, passionate and brave people who have the courage to push boundaries, make tough decisions and challenge others in line with our mission.
How To Apply for Marie Stopes Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 22nd July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.