Job Title: Finance and Admin Officer – Malteser International Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Malteser International Uganda
Malteser International Uganda Profile:
Malteser International, the worldwide relief agency of the Order of Malta for humanitarian aid, works in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia and the Americas for people in need, regardless of their religion, origin or political affiliation. Its mission is to provide emergency relief as well as to implement rehabilitation measures and to facilitate the link between emergency relief and sustainable development. Christian values and the humanitarian principles of impartiality and independence form the basis of its work in the following areas: Relief, Reconstruction & Rehabilitation; Health & Nutrition; Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH); Livelihood & Social Programs and Disaster Risk Reduction.
The Finance and Admin Officer support in the implementation of the project activities in compliance with finance, administration and human resource policies and procedures. Is responsible for Direct reporting line to the Program Coordinator and has technical reporting lines to the Finance Coordinator. Guides and monitors the work of the Finance and Admin Assistant (FAA).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and check procurement and service provider vouchers and bills for approval and prepare payment documents for signing.
- Ensure that all documents are complete with the appropriate supporting documents, reviewed and approved before processing for payment.
- Ensure that all Bank payments are made on time at the Project Location
- Receives and compiles monthly approved time sheets of staff and sends for FC’s review and onwards submission.
- Reviews the coding stamps for all cash books in Location and make sure that they are signed and scanned on time.
- Responsible for budget follow up and the correct use of all the donor codes at the Location.
- Support and contribute to Organizational Audits both Internal and External
- Support in the Preparation of monthly Cashbooks and cash counts for project location and consolidates them for review by the FC/CAC
- Monitors petty cash accounts including the spot checking of balances and payments.
- Post all financial transactions into the MI Daily Expenses Log (Excel sheet) and then imports all data to the Accounting management system.
- Responsible for the scanning of all financial documents and entry into FTL at the project location
- Administer contract management and its filling relevant to the implementation of the project/program and the office management such as construction contracts, maintenance contracts, service contracts and telecommunication contracts at the Project Location.
- Supports the FC in the process of budget reviews, analysis and use of standardised templates
- Supervises the collection and recoverability of contractual, project partner activity advances, staff activity and travel advances and other receivables.
Human Resources Management:
- Act as the focal person for all HR related matters in the field office and oversee the implementation of HR standards and processes
- Support senior HR officer in the administration of staff contracts and staff benefits
- Ensures comprehensive and constructive performance reviews are completed on a timely basis and facilitates discussion of performance and career options with all the team under his/her direct supervision.
- Monitors performance of direct reports, assess the performance gaps in his/her direct reports and provide timely feedback, recommend to management/FC the ongoing support and appropriate training a9nd development in order to close the gaps.
- Support in the staff recruitment and quality assurance of the proCess at the Project location
- Disseminates all HR related information to all staff at the duty station
- Supports in organizing different trainings including CoC, new policies etc
- Coordinate onboarding activities for new staff as well as exit for departing staff
- Working closely with the Senior Human Resource Officer, advice, and counsel both staff and management on interpreting and applying the NSRRs and different work issues.
- Supervise the maintenance of the office and the team houses in the Location and supervise office support staffs (office assistant/compound cleaners)
- Prepare official correspondences in coordination with the PM.
- Guide the FAA in Taking minutes of the team meetings and keep records of the official communications.
- In consultation with the FC, ensures whether proper purchase related templates are used, and all purchases are correctly analysed, and adequate supporting documents are well maintained as per the checklist and aligned with Policies.
- Ensures proper Travel related Templates are used and travel related data are properly reviewed, analysed and adequate supporting documents are well maintained as per the Policies at the project Location.
- Ensures all expenses are authorized and approved in line with the signatory Regulations at the Project Location
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time
- The applicant must hold a B. COM or BBA Accounting or equivalent degree and/or professional certification in accounting strongly preferred or equivalent experience.
- At least three years of experience in a similar position
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate to new policies and procedures effectively
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (word, excel, outlook and PowerPoint)
- Physical and mental strength, readiness to live in a remote environment
- Fully computer literate (Microsoft Office, accounting software),
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
How To Apply for Malteser International Uganda Jobs 2020:
All candidates should submit their applications (CV, letter of motivation and copies of diplomas) preferably as one attachment to:
The email subject should be the title of the position that you are applying for.
Closing Date: 23rd June 2020 by Midnight EAT