Job Title: Data Manager/Statistician – Makerere University Jobs 2022
Organisation: Makerere University College of Health Sciences, School of Public Health
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Makerere University School of Public Health Profile:
Makerere University School of Public Health (MakSPH) received funding from the European Commission through the Horizon2020 research and innovation action to conduct an implementation science study to enhance cardiovascular disease prevention in Mukono and Buikwe districts in Uganda. The evaluation follows a stepped wedge design to measure effectiveness and implementation outcomes. MakSPH seeks to hire candidates for field-based research assistants (duration: 1 month) in 20 selected parishes in Mukono and Buikwe districts.
About the project:
Makerere University School of Public Health is a recipient of a 21 months grant from Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation through the University of California San Francisco, to facilitate the evaluation of the self-injection family planning project, code named ICAN Study.
Under the direction of the PI, the duties of the Data Manager/Statistician are a combination of professional, scientific and academic tasks to ensure the successful implementation of the study intervention and meet the designated study goals and objectives. The Data Manager/Statistician shall provide support to the research team by ensuring that all data is reviewed at all times and conform to the Investigators’ specifications. He/she will from time to time be required to carry out statistical analysis and generate reports relating to the study findings. He/she must be a diverse individual, showing broad technical, organizational, and communication skills and be capable of working individually and in a team environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Proposal review and Protocol finalization, ethical review applications, and study protocol amendments.
- Coordinate the design of data collection tools, collection, and analysis
- Lead the recruitment, training and field supervision of research assistants
- Lead the development of data collection standard operating procedures
- Prepare regular checks on study data to help project management teams monitor data flows and data quality issues during the conduct of a study.
- Ensure accuracy, accessibility and confidentiality and storage of study files and subject records.
- Participate in the preparation and execution of dissemination activities. These will include the preparation of technical reports, publications, blogs, PowerPoint presentations and engaging in-country stakeholders in dissemination activities.
- Participate in manuscript writing.
- Ably represent the study team in external meetings when called upon
- Execute any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Undertake additional tasks as required by the Principal Investigator or assigned supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications for Makerere University Jobs 2022:
- Suitable applicants MUST possess a master’s degree in statistics bias: Epidemiology, Statistics, Biostatistics, Monitoring and Evaluation, Quantitative Economics and Demography, Public Health.
- At least two years of experience in managing research projects or health-related projects and large data sets.
- Excellent statistical programming skills using STATA and R.
- The applicant should have demonstrated experience with managing data, information, and monitoring and evaluation of evidence-based health care.
- Ability to work independently, strong interpersonal communication and ability to work with diverse sectors as well as meeting deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and a good understanding of statistical issues in research.
- Ability to process, analyze, and present study results in a quality publishable format.
- Experience in database design and data management.
The successful candidates will have a workstation at the Kasangati campus of MakSPH with occasional meetings and interactions at the main campus located at the New Mulago Hospital Complex.
How To Apply for Makerere University Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should address their applications to: The Dean,
Makerere University School of Public Health, Makerere University, P.O. Box 7072, Kampala,
Uganda. The softcopy application should be sent via email to the project administrator, [email protected]. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the Email subject line.
Late applications will not be considered. The application must provide the names and contacts of two referees, and the applicant’s phone contacts together with a detailed curriculum vitae. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 22nd June 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.